Kompany

Marvin said:
Active rehabilitation

The Belgian physio did not go as far as saying he will be back in 3 weeks in the part of the interview I have seen and read. But it sounded reassuring, i.e. nothing unexpected

Clearly the injury is a lot worse than the club originally portrayed and this is nothing new and the theory is we have bought him back too soon previously so this time we will try a much longer rehab but it remains to be seen if this works out for the best for player and team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Silva doesn't return until mid December at best.

really not good at all, another 3wks of utter chaos and madness in defence, my poor ticker cant take it you know

QuickSilva said:
is it against the rules to have kompany sat behind the goal directing the back 4

Should name him as sub and get him to jog up and down with the defensive line (linesman-style), telling them all exactly where to stand ....

mancity1 said:
Marvin said:
Active rehabilitation

The Belgian physio did not go as far as saying he will be back in 3 weeks in the part of the interview I have seen and read. But it sounded reassuring, i.e. nothing unexpected

Clearly the injury is a lot worse than the club originally portrayed and this is nothing new and the theory is we have bought him back too soon previously so this time we will try a much longer rehab but it remains to be seen if this works out for the best for player and team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Silva doesn't return until mid December at best.
You can hypothesise all you want, but Kompany is a hugely important and hugely valuable asset. City would have known exactly what they were dealing with early on, but for some reason chose to keep quiet. .

The Belgian physio seemed to be quite happy with the way it was progressing. I think he gave that interview to reassure, but it's rather typical of the way the sports press work that they try and present it in a negative manner.

Edit: Meanwhile Stu Brennan says last time he heard Jovetic and Fernandinho expected to be available for the next game

Marvin said:
Active rehabilitation

This is what's on sky's web site.
The Belgian FA has grown increasingly concerned with the time Kompany has been taking to recover and sent team physio Lieven Messchalck to assess the defender.

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany could out be out for another three weeks according to Belgium's medical team.
Messchalck suggests that Kompany is likely to be out for a further three weeks, bringing the total time out to around eight weeks, and will see him miss the Super Sunday game against Tottenham Hotspur on 24th November.

"I think Vincent is going to be ready in several weeks," Messchalck told Sky Sports News. "We will do everything we can to bring back Vincent in a good way for a long time.

"First of all he had a rupture, a tear into the abductor and then also he has bad luck with a small thing on the front side now, so it's everything together.

"It's not really so long, eight weeks is nothing in the time of injury, you must respect biology."

welsh_andy said:
really not good at all, another 3wks of utter chaos and madness in defence, my poor ticker cant take it you know

Only saving grace is this break coming up. Any more than 4 weeks though and it'll definitely be all about 4th place, no chance with title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.