Kalidou Koulibaly

Otamendi and Stones out with Ake and Koulibaly in would be tremendous squad management. We’d have the perfect balance of youth and experience and of both left and right footers.

I dont see one of the top 3 defenders in the world as short term especially as hes now st his peak. That's good sense.
And the market is already gone. We can sit on our hands and stick with john fucking stones the peaky blinder and otamendi or flex the muscle we have and make a big fucking statement. I'd personally rather see both garcia and hwb both get promoted to first team as imo they are both better than what we are currently playing irrespective of age but pep has proven that's not going to happen so the flipside of the coin is if koulibaly is available we simply must get him.

This.

We aren't buying. Our foreign quota is full, we can't move anybody out in January.
Plenty of chance to shift a foreign spot in Jan, plus of course we can just leave someone out of the 17 if necessary.

If Koulibaly is gettable, and De Laurentis talks reality money, then I hope to god we get the deal done.

Plenty of chance to shift a foreign spot in Jan, plus of course we can just leave someone out of the 17 if necessary.

If Koulibaly is gettable, and De Laurentis talks reality money, then I hope to god we get the deal done.
If we can find a way to get the best centerback in the world on our team I'm also confident we can find a way to loan Otamendi to Valencia or something.

No CL this season then.

This. We can forget about CL altogether if we don't strengthen with a CB in January. But we can't go and 'do a Jonny Evans' or Alderweireld, it has to be a player for the future and not short-term. I'd rather wait until the summer of 2020 before adding more dead weight to this club. There is no doubt about Koulibaly's quality. He is as close as you get to Laporte and Van Dijk. But for me he is too old. He will be 29 next June. We should aim for a 25-year old, no more. I want a long-term partner for Laporte, and he is only 25. Cancelo 25 (born on the same day as Laporte), and Mendy 25. I thought Stones was our future (also 25), but nope.

This. We can forget about CL altogether if we don't strengthen with a CB in January. But we can't go and 'do a Jonny Evans' or Alderweireld, it has to be a player for the future and not short-term. I'd rather wait until the summer of 2020 before adding more dead weight to this club. There is no doubt about Koulibaly's quality. He is as close as you get to Laporte and Van Dijk. But for me he is too old. He will be 29 next June. We should aim for a 25-year old, no more. I want a long-term partner for Laporte, and he is only 25. Cancelo 25 (born on the same day as Laporte), and Mendy 25. I thought Stones was our future (also 25), but nope.

Koulibaly will only be 29 when Laporte, Cancelo and Mendy are 26. He's 3 years older, it's really not a big deal.

He could play next to them for the next 4/5 seasons easily, and that's long term in football these days. By then Eric Garcia and THB will be 23 so maybe we don't even need to spend big to replace.

There are no world class 25 year old CB's on the market.

Wow, Cancelo and Laporte have exactly the same birthday? Thats kind of amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.