Kalidou Koulibaly

How old was Mangala when we signed him? Not sure we are getting 30-50% of his original fee back.

Well Everton were supposedly going to pay £18m for him before he destroyed his knee. That was when he was 27, 4 years after signing him for 32-40m.

We are not a youth team, our model is to buy young before they hit their peak/highest value but it isn’t something we have to stick to religiously. For the right guy we will make exceptions. Fernandinho signed as a 28 year old that turned out alright. We have stones and Laporte for the next decade, Garcia coming up behind him, we need ready proven world class talent to replace the proven world class talent we’ve just lost. you have to balance the present and the future and experience is key to that.

We need a leader at the back, last season before Kompany came into the side, we had a period where we looked a bit unorganised and looked as though we could be got at, then Kompany steps in with his experience and leadership and we instantly turn into a side that only needed to score once as we knew we wouldn’t concede, we have to bring that in with whoever replaces Kompany as nobody else has that to the level we require. I don’t know if this guy does have that, that’s what our scouts are for but from the bits I’ve seen of him it looks as though he does.

As for the price, City won’t be afraid to pay it if they deem it value, we seemingly don’t want to pay £80 million for Maguire not because of the figure itself, but because he isnt one of the best defenders around and that’s what we would be expecting for that kind of money, it doesn’t mean we won’t pay that or more for somebody that is though.

I agree with what you are saying but I don't believe that this guy is worth the figure that is being banded about. Its not his fault the market for defenders has been massively over inflated since van Dyke signed for the dippers (who turned out to be an absolute steal at £75mil). He is 28 years old and I personally would see this is your typical rag panic buy definitely not a Pep bring him in develop. Lets not forget we still have Fernandinho who if we are lead to believe reports is going to be moving to centre half just like Pep did with Mascherano we have a leader right there.

My entire post was about how Van Dijk was much lower risk than Koulibaly....why not read it before replying?

It would save me repeating everything about him already being familiar with premier league, already very settled in England, already fluent in English etc. etc.
We're still dragging the PL familiarity narrative?
Quality players and especially of age know very well how to communicate, he's played with foreigners in that team too, and above all, most of our foreign players can still not speak English that well or aren't fluent, esp with likes of Laporte comin in and settling within a year and bossing our defence. Did PL experience, familiarity and language matter then? No.

Repeat my point about the age factor, if a player has enough quality and experience, irrelevant of league he plays in, he should be taken in if needed. We need someone like Koulibaly. It's just my opinion, I'm not here to conflict with everyone, I just don't see the value of money factor weighing more over the instant quality any squad can add. It's always relative, always risky.

No way we’d deal with De Laurentiis again after last summer, let alone pay €95 million for a 28 year old.

Great player, but waste of time for Txiki really.

Those who would sign him now should consider not €95m but surely above 100m, closer to 120m.
And a summer transfer saga included.

Further more, a decision to sign De Ligt or Koulibaly would be shock news for Stones.
He would have to think about leaving or accepting a lot of bench time...

I He is 28 years old and I personally would see this is your typical rag panic buy definitely not a Pep bring him in develop.

Mate if Koulibaly went to United he'd revolutionize that defence. Wouldn't wish them any good happening to them anytime soon.

Would any of you take Alderweireld instead given his clause rumored at €25m is actually true? For 2-3 years or so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.