Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by BlueRebel7, 4 Aug 2019.

1. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    He started catastrophically, grew up bit later in the match. Still pretty average display.

Hungarian blue likes this.
  2. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

So many misplaced passes tonight as has been a theme all season. His pace is a big asset but Cancelo is far technically superior to Walker. He's more of a Pep player and I can see him quickly becoming first choice.

3. OrigamiNinja

OrigamiNinja

It’s easy to be critical of players when the team as a whole does bad. He’s looking awful in a 5-1 win. Let’s not pretend this is a recent thing, where he has maybe been impacted by losing his place in the England team. There’s a reason he has lost his place, he was poor for the majority of last season but this season, he has dropped to a level that is not worthy of a place in this side. We’ve got a £60m right back sat on the bench most weeks, who must now become 1st choice.

mosssideblue likes this.
  4. Trojan1962

Trojan1962

He was poor first half tonight, better in the second. I’m sure Cancelo will be first choice very soon if things don’t improve

BosnianBlue likes this.
  5. uncle fester

uncle fester

His positioning has always been pretty poor - previously he relied on his speed of recovery which definitely wasn't there tonight

always think its a bit of a giveaway when you see a player make a bad pass and then start screaming at his teammates for not being in the right place

6. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    poor first half but better in second - he needs to improve in keeping posession - same with Mendy who was equally bad if not worse

7. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Noticed that on more than one occasion tonight. Maybe knowing he now has credible competition is affecting his game

8. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Don`t lets beat about the bush ... his performances of late are seriously piss poor.
    I loved the guy when he first joined us and he proved his worth for the first two years,but fuck me the lad has gone backwards.
    We need a good replacement and in my opinion we have already signed a better player in Cancello.

sir baconface and OrigamiNinja like this.
  9. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!
    Just got back from the match, somethings not right with Kyle, he's not been himself for a while now and looked off tonight.
    Hope he sorts it out..

BosnianBlue likes this.
  10. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Sorry Bill but he`s nowhere near the lad we signed 3 years ago.
    I think Cancello is a far better option.