Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
poor first half but better in second - he needs to improve in keeping posession - same with Mendy who was equally bad if not worse
Mendy has barely kicked a ball for two years whereas Walker has been training under Pep for over two years and his passing hasn't improved. To be fair, I think we knew his limitations on the ball but we bought him because we were crying out for pace at fullback. He has been largely excellent for us but I think Cancelo is an upgrade and Kyle knows it which is possibly affecting his performances.

Mendy has barely kicked a ball for two years whereas Walker has been training under Pep for over two years and his passing hasn't improved. To be fair, I think we knew his limitations on the ball but we bought him because we were crying out for pace at fullback. He has been largely excellent for us but I think Cancelo is an upgrade and Kyle knows it which is possibly affecting his performances.

while i completely agree with you Mendys negatives are noting new and have been there since day one.

Walker - fully agree...he has a lot of positives but he needs to be more intelligent without the ball and some of his defensive decisions are poor at times...he knows he is fast so goes for things which he actually has little hop of getting - then gets caught out of position.

Sorry Bill but he`s nowhere near the lad we signed 3 years ago.
I think Cancello is a far better option.
Sorry Bill but he`s nowhere near the lad we signed 3 years ago.
I think Cancello is a far better option.

Fully agree with you Oakie, he's dropped right off since the start of the season to be honest.
Cancello looks a player and deserves to start in front of Kyle.
Maybe City bringing him in has knocked his confidence.

If it's that easy to unsettle him then he is weak mentally.

The only things that should truly unsettle a player are family related things.

Now we don't know what the problem is, or if there is even one, but if being dropped by england makes him play like shit, then he is weak.

What a narrow minded view of a person’s mental health to assume.

What a narrow minded view of a person’s mental health to assume.
Fair enough.

We can expand, obviously if something tragic happens then that will affect your mental health.

Could be he developed depression about other things as well, few other things you can probably say...

BUT if its down to being dropped and the intro of Cancelo, then I stand by that I think it shows weak mentality.

Infuriating that he can't just use his left foot to make a pass, instead he will take the ball back and pass it to ederson

is it just me or has walker been to the same hairdresser as david silva and had a implants, maybe this is why the dip in form and being out because the treatment involves steroids and drugs ?? anyway the new hairstyle looks neat and sharp

Don’t like singling players out but genuinely thought he was absolutely dire last night, especially in the first half. He has unfortunately become a liability just like Otamendi. Needs to get his head sorted.

Infuriating that he can't just use his left foot to make a pass, instead he will take the ball back and pass it to ederson

We've got four heavily one-footed FBs. Cancelo appears to be the only one who can play comfortably off both feet. I think FBs need to be two-footed more than any other position because the space is usually limited on their strong side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.