Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by BlueRebel7, 4 Aug 2019.

1. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Mendy has barely kicked a ball for two years whereas Walker has been training under Pep for over two years and his passing hasn't improved. To be fair, I think we knew his limitations on the ball but we bought him because we were crying out for pace at fullback. He has been largely excellent for us but I think Cancelo is an upgrade and Kyle knows it which is possibly affecting his performances.

2. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    while i completely agree with you Mendys negatives are noting new and have been there since day one.

Walker - fully agree...he has a lot of positives but he needs to be more intelligent without the ball and some of his defensive decisions are poor at times...he knows he is fast so goes for things which he actually has little hop of getting - then gets caught out of position.

3. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!
    Fully agree with you Oakie, he's dropped right off since the start of the season to be honest.
    Cancello looks a player and deserves to start in front of Kyle.
    Maybe City bringing him in has knocked his confidence.

4. BlueTG

BlueTG

What a narrow minded view of a person’s mental health to assume.

karen7, twosips and kippax123 like this.
  5. WallyA

WallyA

Fair enough.

We can expand, obviously if something tragic happens then that will affect your mental health.

Could be he developed depression about other things as well, few other things you can probably say...

BUT if its down to being dropped and the intro of Cancelo, then I stand by that I think it shows weak mentality.

6. Goater=Legend

Goater=Legend

Infuriating that he can't just use his left foot to make a pass, instead he will take the ball back and pass it to ederson

7. Shirley

Shirley

He's not been the same player since Wio called him out last year.

8. ancoats

ancoats

is it just me or has walker been to the same hairdresser as david silva and had a implants, maybe this is why the dip in form and being out because the treatment involves steroids and drugs ?? anyway the new hairstyle looks neat and sharp

9. blue ranger

blue ranger

Don’t like singling players out but genuinely thought he was absolutely dire last night, especially in the first half. He has unfortunately become a liability just like Otamendi. Needs to get his head sorted.

10. caseball

caseball

We've got four heavily one-footed FBs. Cancelo appears to be the only one who can play comfortably off both feet. I think FBs need to be two-footed more than any other position because the space is usually limited on their strong side.