Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therein lies the problem. Liverpool have VVD and TAA. We have a 34 year old midfielder and a right back that offers nothing, other than standing around and passing backwards. Yet some people wonder why we are so far behind.
Pep's 4-3-3 is not suited for whoever plays at right-back. When we have the ball it's a back 3 with Walker to prevent counter-attacks. Same with Cancelo in a 4-3-3, he just doesn't have the licence to go forward. Both full-backs come to life in a 3-4-3 because the front 3 then plays very narrow and full-backs can overlap. In a 4-3-3 the width is provided by wide forwards/inverted wingers (Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling). Nonetheless, I like Walker. Technically he's not the greatest defender but still decent on the ball, great range of passing (KDB like crossing technique), amazing athleticism, pace, decent when defending pacey wingers. Plus he's fearless and so passionate. He should be our captain IMO.

He is always giving away needless fouls, his crossing is hit and miss. His shooting is pathetic. Much of his passing is across or back.
He has pace and brawn but so do many others.

Pep's 4-3-3 is not suited for whoever plays at right-back. When we have the ball it's a back 3 with Walker to prevent counter-attacks. Same with Cancelo in a 4-3-3, he just doesn't have the licence to go forward. Both full-backs come to life in a 3-4-3 because the front 3 then plays very narrow and full-backs can overlap. In a 4-3-3 the width is provided by wide forwards/inverted wingers (Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling). Nonetheless, I like Walker. Technically he's not the greatest defender but still decent on the ball, great range of passing (KDB like crossing technique), amazing athleticism, pace, decent when defending pacey wingers. Plus he's fearless and so passionate. He should be our captain IMO.

KDB like crossing technique, should be our captain?! Sorry, I’ve had a few shandy’s, are you talking about the same Kyle Walker that plays for City?

KDB like crossing technique, should be our captain?! Sorry, I’ve had a few shandy’s, are you talking about the same Kyle Walker that plays for City?
Okay, maybe I over-exaggerated a bit saying that he's got KDB like crossing technique but certainly there are similarities in a way his foot connects with the ball (all those biomechanics), he also curls the ball with pace in a sort of angled way. It's especially noticeable when he makes those crossfield passes. He even took a few free-kicks when KDB was injured, I remember that. Well, the captain should be someone who is vocal and a good leader, someone who's got a bit of nastiness in himself. Kyle fills the bill for me.

"Kyle walker finally gets his dream move to the premier leauge top 4 hopefuls Sheffield United to play champions leauge football from leauge 2 side Manchester city"

So frustrating, he can have such a good game and always have those 1 or 2 moments where he loses concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.