Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His player thread last season made for awful viewing. Hopefully this year people can appreciate the quality of Walker.
His performances so far have definitely been a step up, mind. It's great his fitness is back to it's highest levels.

Many times in the past have I been made aware of his pace, but that run today must have been one of the most speedy ones I have ever seen. It must be a horror for our opponents, facing him on the left flank, for both attackers and defenders.

He looked really focused today, and determined. Cancelo will have to deliver a whole lot of goodies to take Kyle's place.

It was clocked at around 22mph, which isn't that fast, but it was the acceleration from a standing start that was deadly.

His physique is unbelievable and if he's allowed games to rest now Cancelo is here, then hopefully he won't be on his arse by December.

Sloppy at the start like a few players but made that first goal and was a machine for the most part. When he's focused he compliments our other players so well with his pace and power but also a bit of know how and quality. Just need to keep him on his toes. If cancelo doesn't play a game he will probably be worth the money just to keep Kyle playing like that!

He's done a Dave. Shaving his head has improved his footballing ability.

Bald Dave was a level or two higher than he was last season and I thought Walker was absolutely incredible in the shield and vs west ham. I watched the game back and from what I noticed his physicality was on another level as well as his confidence. He was even trying skill moves that I didn't know he had trying to get past defenders up 4-0! Probably trying to impress cancelo lol. I also liked how he shushed the player who he fouled to get the yellow. I think he could have a very long career here at City transitioning to a CB down the line if Pep stays for as long as we hope.

(Personal suspicion here is that you get a testosterone boost with a shaved head and that plays into what we saw from Dave and Kyle)

I think the signing of Cancelo has really lit a fuse, he knows he has to give something in the attacking phases now to stay in the team. I was really impressed with his willingness to get in behind when Mahrez cut inside, he usually just does it as a dummy but he was going full pelt for it this time, maybe its a hint to a change of tactics for the fullbacks in some games.

It was clocked at around 22mph, which isn't that fast, but it was the acceleration from a standing start that was deadly.

His physique is unbelievable and if he's allowed games to rest now Cancelo is here, then hopefully he won't be on his arse by December.
22mph would make him 0.05 mph slower than Sané who still holds the record for being the fastest PL player. In the list he would sit at number 2, so it’s very fast. Usain Bolts average speed over 100m was around 23.35mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.