Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Foden and Kev, they're all obscenely one footed sure.

Cancelo trying to cross with the outside of his boot ffs

Foden and Kev don’t think twice when it comes to using their left foot but Marhez has used it ‘wrong my foot from time to time

Whilst I quite liked Cancelo crossing with the outside of his foot, it’s not going to take serious Champs League teams to stop that

I also think we have a problem with technical side. Our forwards struggle to hit it cleanly, hard and on target. Foden, KDB and Marhez are the only ones they can shoot properly

It’s his party trick.

By all means ping them about if it's on but running full pelt down the left wing and deciding to cross...wrap your foot round it.

Again, Kev and Foden are the only two I see that are comfortable using either foot no matter what. Then practically every defender plus Dave, Bernie, Gundogan and Rodri are the opposite while the rest will do it if you hold a gun to their head.

I just don't think that aspect of his game is enough to single Walker out on, especially as his competition is the same.

By all means ping them about if it's on but running full pelt down the left wing and deciding to cross...wrap your foot round it.

Again, Kev and Foden are the only two I see that are comfortable using either foot no matter what. Then practically every defender plus Dave, Bernie, Gundogan and Rodri are the opposite while the rest will do it if you hold a gun to their head.

I just don't think that aspect of his game is enough to single Walker out on, especially as his competition is the same.

Oh, I agree. His cross for Gabby’s offside goal against Watford was nice. I was just sort of saying that he’ll do that outside foot pass/cross occasionally. Even when he played earlier in the season, he’d use the outside of the boot to pass the ball.

Nonetheless, I think he’s shown how good he is in training as I’ve seen Walker try some new things since the restart. Some crosses and passes that the lads up top didn’t convert. If they can push each other to be better, I’m all for it.

Foden and Kev don’t think twice when it comes to using their left foot but Marhez has used it ‘wrong my foot from time to time

Whilst I quite liked Cancelo crossing with the outside of his foot, it’s not going to take serious Champs League teams to stop that

I also think we have a problem with technical side. Our forwards struggle to hit it cleanly, hard and on target. Foden, KDB and Marhez are the only ones they can shoot properly
Bernardo has a great shot too.

Been watching a few city games back during this break and I think I’ve got him third or possibly second for our PotS.

Immaculate signing. Fair play to him for thoroughly dismissing Danilo and Cancelo these past few seasons. Not sure he’s even plateaued yet either.

I like it when he's allowed to burst forward, which he seems to have done more since the restart. For most of his time at City, I feel like he's had the shackles on to some extent going forward. Presumably for a good tactical reason.

Been watching a few city games back during this break and I think I’ve got him third or possibly second for our PotS.

Immaculate signing. Fair play to him for thoroughly dismissing Danilo and Cancelo these past few seasons. Not sure he’s even plateaued yet either.

Consistent but still prone to the occasional lapse, as in the recent semi-final and away leg in Madrid.
He’s nearly always averaged 30 league games in the last ten years, and has largely avoided injury. Do wonder if he can maintain that for another two seasons.

Consistent but still prone to the occasional lapse, as in the recent semi-final and away leg in Madrid.
He’s nearly always averaged 30 league games in the last ten years, and has largely avoided injury. Do wonder if he can maintain that for another two seasons.

His athleticism is astounding. He’s played a lot of games. However, rarely does he get injured. Even with age, he’s still as rapid as when he was signed. Not the most technically gifted player but he’s still a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.