Kyle Walker signs two-year contract extension

From another English club yes, the market is rising every year. Think we'd get that figure certainly 2 years from now.

What kind of club would pay that for a fullback with a few years left at best? If we’re willing to sell him at that stage, it’s because he’s finished at the top so no other top 6 side would want him either and they’d be the only ones capable of paying that and his wages on top of it. This extension has nothing to do with sell on value, there won’t be any if he gets even halfway through this new contract.

What kind of club would pay that for a fullback with a few years left at best? If we’re willing to sell him at that stage, it’s because he’s finished at the top so no other top 6 side would want him either and they’d be the only ones capable of paying that and his wages on top of it. This extension has nothing to do with sell on value, there won’t be any if he gets even halfway through this new contract.

I said IF we wanted to sell, I reckon Walker will still be worth 25M in 2 years, if you don't no big deal.

Hmm, slightly odd extension in my opinion. He would have been 32 when his original deal expired. There was still 3 years to run on this one. We could have extended him at later date by year or two if it looked like he is not showing any signs of decline etc.

Doubt he was on peanuts either considering HG player premium on wages (not just transfer fee) + was the best RB in the league when he joined from Spurs.

He had a wobbly spell in some games over the winter but he was brilliant in the run in to the title, & back to his best. Also Pep can use him as a third centre back, with serious pace, if necessary, which he did at times in some games last season to good effect.

Good idea. Will be a squad player by the end but good for a few more years.

Good idea. Will be a squad player by the end but good for a few more years.

Could be a squad player by the end of the summer!

Hopefully he doesn't slack off over the five years because he can't afford to. That said he's been handy for us on the whole the two years he's been here. If the wages mentioned (170k a week) are legit I hope they are based heavily on bonuses, gotta be surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.