Kylian Mbappé

Haha, i see this argument every time a player opt to play for a club in another league than the PL. Happened with Hakimi recently and Chelsea fans.

I think you are a bit ethno centric. For many players, Real Madrid represent the pinnacle of the sport. After all, they are the leading recordman in European Cup/CL having done 3 in a row streak not too long ago. It is a lot more glamour being the new Real Galactico than playing in PL. Hazard who is a Chelsea legend was twerking every year for Real.

Also, remember that Mbappé was fan of Cristiano Ronaldo during his Real stint. He might want to walk in his idol path (won't beat the portuguese records nevertheless).

So not playing in PL doesn't mean opting for the easy life or not being a competitor.
Our media behave like that. People are sheep and believe what the media tell them.

For years we were told the PL was best in the world whilst RM/Barca/Bayern/germany/spain/france/portugal were winning everything that was outside of the PL bubble.

But I suspect the majority know, the PL has a global reach, its the 'best' because it is watched by most people around the world. Though nowadays it is catching up as can be seen in the CL and internationally

Our media behave like that. People are sheep and believe what the media tell them.

For years we were told the PL was best in the world whilst RM/Barca/Bayern/germany/spain/france/portugal were winning everything that was outside of the PL bubble.

But I suspect the majority know, the PL has a global reach, its the 'best' because it is watched by most people around the world. Though nowadays it is catching up as can be seen in the CL and internationally
The CL isn't necessarily the barometer of which domestic league is more of a "global reach"; historic clubs and more competitiveness may be a factor.

Why are we not making a move for Mbappe when he doesn’t want to renew his contract. Opportunity to get him for a *reasonable* price

He doesn't want us.
Can't get my head round how some fans don't get this. I'd love Mbappe, but the boy clearly has no desire to come here. Didn't he even say a few years ago "I didn't turn Guardiola down, I turned manchester City down."?

I wonder why mbappe doesn’t fancy the premier league? Culture maybe?
May well be, as a French man he may hate us, lets be honest most Brits hate them.

The Premiership is without doubt a great league, amazing financial rewards, but don't underestimate the lure of Spain, Italy or Germany.

Living in Manchester or Madrid, Barca, Rome or Milan for some location and lifestyle is just as important as football.

Last edited:
I don’t understand people who think “But if he came here, he’d win things and make tons of dough, even if the reputation of Manchester is ‘a few leafy green burbs and consistent rain which turns to sleet in the winter, and cloudy as fuck most days!’” when these players are all multi-multi-millionaires and this is a LIFESTYLE as much as it is anything else, PLUS it’s not like you aren’t going to win plenty playing for the top clubs in Europe!

Mbappe appears to have made it crystal clear to the entire world: I’m going to Real Madrid, so they can either buy me before my contract ends or I’ll go on a free when it does end! I’m young, one of the best players in the world, have already hit the heights and don’t even need the money anymore, so I’ll do what I want, when I want!

Haaland is about to be “that guy,” too!

If YOU had your druthers, without your blue tinted specs on, where would YOU play? Paris, Milan, Munich, Madrid, Barcelona, London…. or Manchester???

Pep looks like he’s probably a short timer, so I don’t think even he’s a serious draw for the top young players anymore.

Knock it past the full back and run does work here, Sterling does it often and Sane was brilliant at it. Mbappe would be unreal in the prem.
Adama Traore and Saint Maximin might be one of the cleverest 1v1 footballers in Prem but dribbles and take ones don't mean anything unless you have end product. Mbappé as a 9 and Mbappé on the wings is a very different player.

May well be, as a French man he mate hate us, lets be honest most Brits hate them.

The Premiership is without doubt a great league, amazing financial rewards, but don't underestimate the lure of Spain, Italy or Germany.

Living in Manchester or Madrid, Barca, Rome or Milan for some location and lifestyle is just as important as football.
I agree and think it is weird why Rush,Hughes,Gaza and most that i think of never stay abroad when its over.
Why Rooney, Giggs, and most still live here.
Why Sergio never wanted to leave and Kompany loves the place.
That is because Great Britain is a Beautiful place.
The Northwest is a perfect place to live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.