Kylian Mbappé

It isn’t. Mbappe plays exactly the way he wants. The only player he still doesn’t know 100% what to do with is Messi, but he will figure it out soon
Maybe I misunderstood the first post, but I thought he meant Poch has an issue defensively because none of his forwards press (something I am sure he would want as it has been a hallmark of his managerial career thus far).

I never thought he meant he didn't know what he was doing with Messi or Mbappé.

Maybe I misunderstood the first post, but I thought he meant Poch has an issue defensively because none of his forwards press (something I am sure he would want as it has been a hallmark of his managerial career thus far).

I never thought he meant he didn't know what he was doing with Messi or Mbappé.
If the point is “Mbappe doesn’t press” in general, I strongly disagree. He is judging what Mbappe does for Poch as “that’s Mbappe”. Even for Tuchel he played differently

Mbappé definitely isn't much of a presser, even in his best seasons on that front.

Although, he's immensely talented and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Reactions: kun
Fair enough

It's definitely more true of Neymar and Messi than it is of Mbappé.
I don’t agree with Neymar looking at his career either.

I remember this from Tuchel:

Given the PSG’s superiority in France, this 4-4-2 often morphs into a 4-2-4 with the former pair switching from ‘wingers’ to fully-fledged forwards.

This ambitious tactic requires the superstars to put a shift in when out of possession and Tuchel has been impressed with Neymar’s work rate.

Speaking about the Brazilian and Mbappe, the former Borussia Dortmund coach said: “They defend with a lot of intensity.

“We have to have ten accomplices on the field. We need to have the same spirit and style, the same hunger to win.

“Neymar, after 88 minutes, he defends 20 yards from our goal and closes spaces.

“He ran a lot defensively, it’s really amazing.”

Nobody will be more amazed than Emery, who may not recognise the diligent runner from the prima donna who once feuded with team-mate Edinson Cavani over penalty duties.

In a post-match interview, Mbappe recently joked: “Even Neymar tackles for PSG now.”

The 21-year-old Frenchman has responded to Tuchel’s tutelage in a similar manner after some criticism concerning his adoption of his good friend Neymar’s lethargy at times last season.

"Even Neymar"

Point proven? Even his team-mate was surprised he was pressing. In other words, he's not much of a presser.
Because the expectation of the star is to not work so hard defensively. But at Santos, at Barcelona and under Tuchel, he did press a lot. The Brazilian national team certainly could use more of it though

Balotelli at 22: 55 goals in 126 games (club), 5 in 16 (international)
Mbappé at 22: 169 goals in 256 games (club), 19 in 51 (international)
Haaland at 21: 137 goals in 160 games (club), 12 in 15 (international)

Balotelli never had all the talent in the world, which is what Mbappé and Haaland have.
Balotelli was very talented for his age but never kicked on, added to his attitude, meant he never reached his potential. These two are a different breed. Mbappé has already reached the level we were expecting Balotelli to get to eventually. Even if Mbappé doesn't improve he's already world class. Same goes for Haaland.
I am absolutely not comparing Mario with either. I think these two players are on a world class, elite pedestal and Mario just was never quite all that, despite a future promising a very special player.

Look at Man Utd today. A team of Superatars and Egos that collapsed. Team synergy is always more important than the players in the team and I think Mbappe would be a direct threat to Peps way of operating. Haarland I think would be our keystone and secure quite the dynasty with us.

But that takes me back to my original point. Pep doesn't do ego's and this lad certainly has one. We don't buy superstars, we mould them. So I don't think him coming in on a ridiculous fee with his attitude and questionable pressing would be a positive. As brilliant as he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.