Kylian Mbappé

Early on, before Sheikh Mansour and the team he assembled developed a strategy we did try for Kaka, got Robinho and yes Tevez etc. But that was at the start of the journey for them. Our new record signing at 62. Something million is nowhere near world record fees that you see being bandied about for Mbappe, Bale, Neymar etc. Look at what we paid for Kompany, Silva and Aguero. I think we try to spot them early and bag a bargain.

I suppose the point I’m trying to make is that we aren’t the type of club to spend over £100 million for anybody, despite the nonsense money bags publicity we get.

I also appreciate this post could age very badly.
To be honest, when I quoted 'world class' it was the player involved, not the fee. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay. In this respect, LFC paid £35m for Andy Carroll, & we paid a reported £40m for Mangala. Conversely, we paid £6m for Kompany, £24m for Silva, £26m for Yaya and £38m for Aguero.

My interpretation of World Class, is a player who could walk into any team in the world, be a starter and do themselves justice. The price paid has nothing to do with it, however I do concede that this type of under contract player, generally does come at a premium because they are that good. Price is an indicator, but no guarantee that a player will live up to the price paid.

To be honest, when I quoted 'world class' it was the player involved, not the fee. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay. In this respect, LFC paid £35m for Andy Carroll, & we paid a reported £40m for Mangala. Conversely, we paid £6m for Kompany, £24m for Silva, £26m for Yaya and £38m for Aguero.

My interpretation of World Class, is a player who could walk into any team in the world, be a starter and do themselves justice. The price paid has nothing to do with it, however I do concede that this type of under contract player, generally does come at a premium because they are that good. Price is an indicator, but no guarantee that a player will live up to the price paid.

I think the point others were making, if i understood correctly, was that most of the players we signed werent 'established world class' at the time we bought them. unlike say ronaldos bales suarez etc. sure, all of the above noted are world class, heck most of our current team is, but they werent for the best part bought as that.

Non of this is true, the price of a superstar is always reflective of his worth, on and off the pitch, that's why they are superstars! Was Beckham worth 80 Mil as a Player? Not for most, off the pitch? Easily. Superstar great players, loads zidane,ronaldinho,ronaldo,fake ronaldo,neymar,figo,rivaldo,etto,ibrahimovic ,Villa, Torres, Hugo Sanchez,, we could all go on, all top dollar stars who were winners and made great sides better, we now make great players, into gods! Up the blues. PS mbappe will spend 10 year at Madrid for my money.

I think the point others were making, if i understood correctly, was that most of the players we signed werent 'established world class' at the time we bought them. unlike say ronaldos bales suarez etc. sure, all of the above noted are world class, heck most of our current team is, but they werent for the best part bought as that.
Again, I'd respectfully disagree. In my opinion those I mentioned could have been starters for any club in the world at the point we bought them. The fact they became better at City, is to our credit.

I'm actually kind of confused why PSG wouldn't sell to Neymar to Barca for cash + Ousmane.

Mbappe and Ousmane on the wings is a decade long wing combination, and both are French.

Good to see that you are defining your view of what constitutes world class it’s a phrase bandied about far too easily. Your view makes sense, I always defined it as one of the best 2 players in the world in that position. However I would accept your interpretation

" I didn't say 'no' to Guardiola, I said 'no' to Manchester City."

Mbappe, Sep 8, 2017

It doesn't make to link with him again after this statement.

He is the best young forward, but City are doing well without him. And hopefully Txiki & Pep can somehow find the next exceptional talent and signs it.

" I didn't say 'no' to Guardiola, I said 'no' to Manchester City."

Mbappe, Sep 8, 2017

It doesn't make to link with him again after this statement.

He is the best young forward, but City are doing well without him. And hopefully Txiki & Pep can somehow find the next exceptional talent and signs it.
If we win the champions league that answer might change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.