Kylian Mbappé

He's not coming here so any amount + Sane is not realistic. No way for transfer between PSG and City to happen in current political climate.
Wasn't seriously answering about how realistic that move would be (going to City). I was just talking about reality in their respective market value. Talent wise, maybe Sané + 50 M = Mbappé but not with their contract situation and the hype surrounding the frenchman.

It is relevant because it shows how much more important he has been to his club, here PSG.
First season he wasn't scoring much. Now, he has proven he can score as much as the top european strikers. And crappy league or not, it didn't stop you from paying world record fee for Mendy at the time.
Joao Felix is playing in a worse ranked league and has none of the achievement of Mbappé (not talking about talent) and there are talks around his 100 M+ release fee.
Mendy from Lyon will join Real for 50 M€ while not even winning anything in that crappy league.
Ndombélé is quoted for 70 M€, Pepe for 70/80 M€ (for essentially scoring and passing in that crappy league since he has no international or european feat).
Didn't Monaco beat PSG to the league not so long ago?
Plus Lyon doing well in Europe?
Including PSG, I don't believe it's a crappy league

Didn't Monaco beat PSG to the league not so long ago?
Plus Lyon doing well in Europe?
Including PSG, I don't believe it's a crappy league
This is something i don't understand with all the Ligue 1 hatred.

When you read about people online, you would think it is the worst league ever. You don't see such comment about Portuguese League when they talk about their wonderkids or Eredivisie when they talk about Ajax gems. Ligue 1 is for some reason ranked number 5 while Portugal is 6 or 7th and Dutch league is 11th.

Over the last few years, i think Ligue 1 clubs have beaten PL sides more than the opposite.

As you stated Monaco did beat PSG two years ago for the title. Meanwhile, Juventus won 7 in a row, Bayern won 8 in a row. There are even people here saying Scottish league is more competitive when Celtic wins everything there, that PSG showed they were some level better than Celtic and that the failed PSG prospects are sent there to get a career (with success for Celtic and those players).

And they ignore PL clubs literally adores their crappy Ligue 1 players and buy a ton of them each and every year. Among the saviors of the European winners this year, there are again some crappy Ligue 1 players : Origi, instrumental in that CL semi final and final; Hazard and Giroud for Chelsea.

Of course, Ligue 1 is not on par with PL and Liga. But it is not a crappy league either. And it is rather normal they are not in par when PL clubs buy any remootely promising player, sometimes even before they get their professional contract with their home club.

Ligue 1 doesn't lack quality, it lacks money. Before FFP hit Monaco hard, they had money and were ambitious and i don't think people didn't find that season interesting. Too bad, with FFP, no french club can compete, this is a sad truth. I have some hope with Nice as Radcliffe is supposed to buy them and is ambitious.

If and it’s a big if mbappe wants out then he’s rejected us already once so why would he change his mind? He wants Madrid only imo.

This is something i don't understand with all the Ligue 1 hatred.

When you read about people online, you would think it is the worst league ever. You don't see such comment about Portuguese League when they talk about their wonderkids or Eredivisie when they talk about Ajax gems. Ligue 1 is for some reason ranked number 5 while Portugal is 6 or 7th and Dutch league is 11th.

Over the last few years, i think Ligue 1 clubs have beaten PL sides more than the opposite.

As you stated Monaco did beat PSG two years ago for the title. Meanwhile, Juventus won 7 in a row, Bayern won 8 in a row. There are even people here saying Scottish league is more competitive when Celtic wins everything there, that PSG showed they were some level better than Celtic and that the failed PSG prospects are sent there to get a career (with success for Celtic and those players).

And they ignore PL clubs literally adores their crappy Ligue 1 players and buy a ton of them each and every year. Among the saviors of the European winners this year, there are again some crappy Ligue 1 players : Origi, instrumental in that CL semi final and final; Hazard and Giroud for Chelsea.

Of course, Ligue 1 is not on par with PL and Liga. But it is not a crappy league either. And it is rather normal they are not in par when PL clubs buy any remootely promising player, sometimes even before they get their professional contract with their home club.

Ligue 1 doesn't lack quality, it lacks money. Before FFP hit Monaco hard, they had money and were ambitious and i don't think people didn't find that season interesting. Too bad, with FFP, no french club can compete, this is a sad truth. I have some hope with Nice as Radcliffe is supposed to buy them and is ambitious.

If only you paid through the nose to watch football on tv - only difference between the leagues really. French leagues get a bad rep, I think there is a quality difference but it’s more about depth of quality - and money has made that divide bigger unfortunately

If only you paid through the nose to watch football on tv - only difference between the leagues really. French leagues get a bad rep, I think there is a quality difference but it’s more about depth of quality - and money has made that divide bigger unfortunately
The funny thing is Qatar tried to lift Ligue 1 by offering more TV rights money with BeIn Sport.
This would have benefited every club since Ligue 1 shares the money in a rather balanced way (not like in Spain).
However, Canal + which is a french channel and is a prominent investor in french cinema production used their lobby to get the french president to threaten them with a suit (for deloyal concurrence because BeIN sustained losses early in France by being subsidised by Qatar).

Yup, money talks and money rules.

Last edited:
Personally. He's worth every penny he gets. He's only 20 years old, and already has a fantastic record and a World Cup winners medal to show for it.

I'd bring him to City even if it meant putting him as the top earner at the club. He's definitely top 5 in the world right now and top 2 in the world for the next decade. There's no young player on his level in today's game.

If and it’s a big if mbappe wants out then he’s rejected us already once so why would he change his mind? He wants Madrid only imo.

I think that’s right - I’m sure Real Madrid are unsettling Mbappe but can they really shell out the £200m it will take to land him? I don’t think PSG will give him up easily and certainly won’t take Madrid cast offs as part of any deal. It might be good for us in any FFP proceedings if Madrid have shelled out half a billion, even Tebas might struggle to spin that one.

I think that’s right - I’m sure Real Madrid are unsettling Mbappe but can they really shell out the £200m it will take to land him? I don’t think PSG will give him up easily and certainly won’t take Madrid cast offs as part of any deal. It might be good for us in any FFP proceedings if Madrid have shelled out half a billion, even Tebas might struggle to spin that one.

Madrid will rise + 150m from selling their unwanted players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.