Kylian Mbappé

I know it isn't our policy to purchase ready-made Superstars (or even spend anything more than 60m on a signing), but boy, if we signed this guy it'd like Christmas every game.

Edit: Leroy Sane + 30m should suffice
You do know PSG bought him for 180 M€ ?

Yeah thats correct but didn't PSG just loan him for one season, then buy him the season after, because of FFP issues.
Not really.

He was indeed loaned out the first season but, for UEFA FFP calculations, it was accounted as a straight transfer. You do know how creative UEFA can be to catch some wrongdoing on some newly rich clubs (City and PSG). They said the condition (PSG not being relegated) to make the buying option mandatory was not enough "optional" and classified the loan as a normal transfer in the book.

It is said PSG and Monaco chose this method for two reasons :
1- For PSG, it was necessary because they had paid the full release of Neymar upfront (222 M€). They paid a small fee for the loan and then the usual installments the following years.
2- For Monaco, it was a way to spread out their income on several years since they had already made bank with other sales this year.

You do know PSG bought him for 180 M€ ?

True. In the summer he will have 2 years left so still in that sort of price range (€180m +/-). But that is the last summer they would get that for him. Summer 2021 and he has 1 year left so half that. It fits with when Aguero will be done.

True. In the summer he will have 2 years left so still in that sort of price range (€180m +/-). But that is the last summer they would get that for him. Summer 2021 and he has 1 year left so half that. It fits with when Aguero will be done.

PSG will not sell him for 180 M +/- this summer. At this price, they would rather keep him than make no profit on a player that has grown on and off the field.
This policy is maybe a mistake since the club almost always sells (or don't sell at all) at a loss by keeping the players to the very end : even Cavani who has become not needed was not sold this summer or this winter and will go out on the free this summer.

I think he will go to Madrid for more than 200 M. They are not shy to dumb (edit : dump) big money and they have been grooming him for a long time.

But i agree with the guy who is saying Mbappé is not the GOAT either. He is an exceptional player but marginally inferior to Neymar in his own team, let alone Messi.

PSG will not sell him for 180 M +/- this summer. At this price, they would rather keep him than make no profit on a player that has grown on and off the field.
This policy is maybe a mistake since the club almost always sells (or don't sell at all) at a loss by keeping the players to the very end : even Cavani who has become not needed was not sold this summer or this winter and will go out on the free this summer.

I think he will go to Madrid for more than 200 M. They are not shy to dumb (edit : dump) big money and they have been grooming him for a long time.

But i agree with the guy who is saying Mbappé is not the GOAT either. He is an exceptional player but marginally inferior to Neymar in his own team, let alone Messi.

Madrid are in a bit of a mess in terms of direction. Would he want to go there under Zidane. He is french and that would help but I cant see him being there that long.

Madrid are in a bit of a mess in terms of direction. Would he want to go there under Zidane. He is french and that would help but I cant see him being there that long.

Players always want to go there, or Barca. They're seduced by the names and history and image of those clubs. A few £million every month doesn't hurt either!

Semper aggressus gave you the perfect answer. Real Madrid and Barça are seen as legendary clubs. And being there, even if they are unsuccessful, is a big satisfaction for players.

Cristiano Ronaldo was at the dominating club (MU) at the time and pressured them to be able to join a rather average Madrid side. What happened is MU has slipped into mediocrity for their standards and Real Madrid has added 4 CL to their cabinet.

The worst thing is they aren't even considered in those clubs as they are in their former clubs (Coutinho, Bale are the latest examples) but they would give their mother and their father to join those clubs.

A bit like the pulling power of Bayern for German and Bundesliga players. Manchester City and PSG will need decades of outstanding performances, especially in CL, to reach that status.

I still don't know how PSG managed 400 Million worth of transfers in 2 years (1 if it was booked in the same year) That's 80 Million a year on 5 year contracts just for the fees. Considering our current turnover is very similar and we make a profit of 10 million, is their profit margin so hugely different?
I'm not bothered re FFP as it's a farce anyway and good luck to them just not sure how they made the numbers work.

I still don't know how PSG managed 400 Million worth of transfers in 2 years (1 if it was booked in the same year) That's 80 Million a year on 5 year contracts just for the fees. Considering our current turnover is very similar and we make a profit of 10 million, is their profit margin so hugely different?
I'm not bothered re FFP as it's a farce anyway and good luck to them just not sure how they made the numbers work.

that’s the eternal question regarding PSG as considering the French league has literally no exposure compared to the premier league with TV rights and our prize money compared to theirs, for them to be making things work is without question dodgy imo! Are they still getting €100m a season from the Qatar government?? Used to be €200m I think until it was reduced to apparently market value?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.