Kylian Mbappé

I think they share many similar qualities.

I concur. But Sane is almost three years older than Mbappe and I think the latter will spend most of his career in a central attacking role.

Two potential Ballon D’Or winners.

I think they will both have made there interest known already.

He only just officially signed for PSG if you think they would saction his sale now I would be very surprised given there owners.

Do you think the same about our players as well, again I’d be surprised if neither expressed an interest in either Aguero or Silva over the years and I’m sure KDB before he signed a new contract.
He's got the potential to be the best player in the world for a number of years. I don't see why he would waste too much of that in the French league.

I think the same of our players to a point but we have the advantage of the EPL being the best/most watched league in the world.

He's got the potential to be the best player in the world for a number of years. I don't see why he would waste too much of that in the French league.

I think the same of our players to a point but we have the advantage of the EPL being the best/most watched league in the world.

He’s only 19 lol he’s probably too scared to move out his mums right now but there will be a time

Mbappe could spend another four seasons at PSG, move to Real in the summer of 2022 and still only be 23 years old. He's got all the time in the world on his side.

Mbappe could spend another four seasons at PSG, move to Real in the summer of 2022 and still only be 23 years old. He's got all the time in the world on his side.

Yep. Nothing wrong with banging in the goals, winning a few titles and testing himself in the CL there and then making the ‘big move’ at 23. Who knows? By then we may have eclipsed Real on the European stage. Just saying, like.

And there's always some chopper who thinks that it's a sign of a man in a man's game (can I say that these days?) if you can put such players on the slab for a couple of months.
Absolutely.

Now, the reputation and/or dynamic of the league may change over time. Or it may become the only place to get top wages (because of the much higher broadcast revenue due to viewership/ratings and relative declines of other leagues), which could attract more of the “megastars” as things progress.

But right now, barring the exceptionally strong-willed types like KDB (though, I am not sure he has yet become a “megastar”), most will still prefer Spain, France, and, it seems later in their career, Italy.

To be honest, with the exception of perhaps Mbappe, I am not sure this situation is really a bad thing for the Premier League. After all, one of the reasons it is so competitive (and successful) is that it still attracts much of the very good to world class talent of the world, without having the same distraction and drama that comes with having the Messis, Ronaldos, Neymar, and Zlatans. They are a class above, no one can deny that (even if their respective teams, and even leagues, were designed to showcase their talent), but there are some drawbacks to having them in your team/league.

All of that said, it will be interesting to see what sort of path Mbappe’s career follows—there have been many a younger world beater that went astray right around this period of their career. I, for one, hope he continues to do well, as I think he is a much better example of how to play and conduct yourself than Ronaldo or Neymar, and has the talent to be as good or better than both of them.

Absolutely.

Now, the reputation and/or dynamic of the league may change over time. Or it may become the only place to get top wages (because of the much higher broadcast revenue due to viewership/ratings and relative declines of other leagues), which could attract more of the “megastars” as things progress.

But right now, barring the exceptionally strong-willed types like KDB (though, I am not sure he has yet become a “megastar”), most will still prefer Spain, France, and, it seems later in their career, Italy.

To be honest, with the exception of perhaps Mbappe, I am not sure this situation is really a bad thing for the Premier League. After all, one of the reasons it is so competitive (and successful) is that it still attracts much of the very good to world class talent of the world, without having the same distraction and drama that comes with having the Messis, Ronaldos, Neymar, and Zlatans. They are a class above, no one can deny that (even if their respective teams, and even leagues, were designed to showcase their talent), but there are some drawbacks to having them in your team/league.

All of that said, it will be interesting to see what sort of path Mbappe’s career follows—there have been many a younger world beater that went astray right around this period of their career. I, for one, hope he continues to do well, as I think he is a much better example of how to play and conduct yourself than Ronaldo or Neymar, and has the talent to be as good or better than both of them.

An interesting point with talent at such a young age is the question of whether they will get any better, and when his legs go, which they surely will, would Mbappe be able to transfer into a more gentler role. I think players like Mbappe come ready made. It has been obvious from a very young age that he was an exceptional talent, but I think it comes down to just two things - pace and finishing.

sometimes winning the biggest price in football (world cup) leaves you lazy and i've done it so why should i care ?? just look at that germany team of 4 years ago had some of the best young players in the game at the time i.e mesut ozil) and he should have peaked in this world cup and then gone to seed but won the world cup and turned off

yes the lad got lightning feet and you blink he's gone and at 19 and should be value for money but even at £200 million in todays market is a gamble and add a world cup winning medal then even bigger gamble getting him to buy into a project when you need him to go that extra mile

Absolutely.

...as I think he is a much better example of how to play and conduct yourself than Ronaldo or Neymar, and has the talent to be as good or better than both of them.
He hasn't had the world telling him how wonderful he is for as long as them though. If he starts believing the hype his head will soon disappear up his own arse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.