La Liga official complaint about City

aside from utd, why's that - more corporate?
Some will be corporate, but it's mostly normal match day fans.

United, Spurs and Arsenal are obviously much bigger grounds - and with the London clubs prices are a lot higher.

Liverpool is a similar size to us, but their prices are higher for season tickets, and a lot more of them are in the top brackets. However, they also have a lot less season tickets - just 27,000 I believe, whereas I think we have 40,000 (I've seen 36k quoted, but this might have been before the last expansion - either way it's a lot more than Anfield). Single matchday tickets are a lot higher, plus the tourists like to visit the shop more too.

Absolutely - the only reason City jumped to the top of the Deloitte Rich List is Covid. There was more TV/prize money, and City got more of that than anyone, and City's matchday income is a fraction of Real, Barca, United and Liverpool's so the fact that it dropped to near zero, pushed them right up.

It's embarrassing that some journalists can't even do that level of research.
If they did some research they would have to report the truth.
Which would kill their original agenda.

Absolutely - the only reason City jumped to the top of the Deloitte Rich List is Covid. There was more TV/prize money, and City got more of that than anyone, and City's matchday income is a fraction of Real, Barca, United and Liverpool's so the fact that it dropped to near zero, pushed them right up.

It's embarrassing that some journalists can't even do that level of research.
Wasn’t some of our CL cash carried over from the previous financial year (ie last accounts) further skewing the figures in our favour?

Seven Spanish clubs broke EU laws when tax income went straight from the Spanish govt to clubs struggling with debts as well as clubs being allowed to purchase undercut land from the govt to build things like training grounds on the cheap.

Four Spanish clubs were also found to have been under-paying tax since 1990, again, breaking the law.

In both instances, Real Madrid and Barcelona were two of the seven and the four.

City haven’t been doing anything like this. This is where the distinction of us not being state funded is important. City are not state funded or owned. We are owned by three shareholders and funded by companies that are not state funds. Our sponsors were looked at in their attachments to UAE and size of deals, but were ruled to be of fair value.

The only thing we’ve done wrong is when we didn’t break even for three years running and we were given a £50m fine and a reduce squad size for the CL in 2016. But, Liverpool have also broken FFP in the last decade so we’re not alone. Both Villa and Leicester broke Championship FFP to get promoted to the Prem n’all.
Leicester was a bit more than that… they deliberately went into administration, ripped off their debtors, (many of whom were local suppliers) paying just a few pence in the pound back. Lineker headed up a consortium to relaunch the business.

Never happened mate. The big man pulled out if memory serves
I was going to post similar. As I recall an agreement was reached with Madrid to put a roof over the stadium, hence the money from Mansour. As part of the deal Etihad would have its name plastered all over the top as its on a direct flight to the airport. Then the Shiekh realised it was smoke and mirrors, Madrid council had refused planning permission for the roof. The sheikh cancelled the agreement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.