Lack of enthusiasm thread

I'd take all the artificial aspects of the game just to watch City in front of 55k at the Etihad. Life is not the same without it. Seriously getting me down not being able to go to football. I've done it throughout my life. Whatever has been going on, there's always been City, and it's not the same watching on the box. That's no relationship with your football club.
I agree with what you're saying Marvin, hardly artificial aspects though, unless you wear blue tinted spex pal; )

Joking apart, VAR put premier league football at death's door I think. Covid could turn out to be the final nail in it's coffin, we shall see.

Attending games and not knowing what has just happened, especially celebrating a goal then going home feeling depressed to see replays on TV why it was chalked off the score. They don't show replays in the stadium for fear of a riot, I.e 2 spuds games, plus a few other near flashpoints from angry supporters pissed off being cheated. I'm not renewing my SC paying another £750(minimum) a season to feel cheated by VAR. I'll pick my games and watch the rest on TV.

My enthusiasm for the game I love is seriously lacking right now.

Flat caps, The Pink Final, rosettes, the North Stand scoreboard, cones of chips, Greenhall’s beer, “The end is nigh’, Wagon Wheels, Peter Swales comb over, Helen, Tony Cunningham, Umbro, Stan Gibson, Kippax toilets..... feel better now....
A bit better.

Walking in dog shit alley and going in the Kippax bogs to wash it off by wading in piss was the ultimate match day experience, pal. A better experience in Doc Martens though; )

Price hikes, the 'match day experience' rammed down our throats on the screens, Hugh Ferret, VAR, showsec bullies, VAR, Covid restrictions, apathetic atmosphere, sat amongst fans with zero passion, tourists more interested in taking selfies etc etc.

Yeah, I'm ecstatic! : /

This thread living up to its name. Some really down posters. Hope once we get going next week, you all find your mojos.

I for one am looking fwd to the league kicking off again. Clearly not ideal circumstances, but still games to see.

First game of the season by now we would have been in the people carrier for just over two hours, seven of us all talking about different shit!, listening to the radio in the background, dreading the traffic undates just in case we would be affected.
Absolutely no interest today! With the six person rules we can't get together to watch the game (when we finally start),, things can only get better from here. I hope

Football without crowds isn't football. It's pretty much as simple as that for me.

When you play away at places like Livarpool, Leeds, united and Newcastle half the battle is the crowd as we've seen plenty of times.

Of course VAR is absolutely word but football without crowds just isn't football.

I hope once we get going my interest will bounce back but I can't help but this year's title will be like last year's non event.

To a degree I have written this season off. Mainly Covid related as even though I rarely attend games these days whilst stadiums are not full and everything is so different and uncertain none of it means very much. Its a distraction and little else.

I was against playing without fans but now hold the view that sport has to try to function in some way in order to stay alive. So it is what it is and hopefully normality will return at some point next year. In the meantime some will have little or no interest, some will embrace the situation and get some enjoyment from it and on that basis I guess it is a good thing.

Personally I lost all real interest in last season after the Anfield and ongoing VAR fiasco so before COVID and should that continue Covid or not my enthusiasm will probably continue to disappear. I watched very few Prem games after the Liverpool away game. Felt it was pointless.
VAR continuing in is current form has p'ssed me off. I thought those running the game would appreciate the affect it has on the fans. Without fans the game dies but clearly those running the game are clueless.

Yes, not being able to go to the matches is a real downer for those of us who were regulars, I'm still entusiastic about City but I'm not sure I'll be watching too many of the non-City matches. Liverpool-Leeds for example, I hate both clubs, no enjoyment to be had there!
Bielsa's Leeds will go for them but probably end up getting thrashed. I'm quite intrigued by that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.