Lack of enthusiasm thread

Mate I really can’t be bothered. I felt a bit like this at the start of last season with var ruining it, but this season is a new level up. The Messi thing got me excited again but the sudden and unexpected end to that has really flattened me. No fans, players out with COVID, favourite players shagging around on England duty, everyone hating our club and fawning over the rags/dippers etc, etc. I just can’t be bothered with the stress over something that just frustrates and annoys me. The Aguero moment can never happen again thanks to the geniuses that run the game. Maybe it’s just me bit I get the feeling other older blues are begging to feel the same
UEFA , FFP , VAR , obvious media bias have killed the game I once loved , compare our last 10 years domestic dominance to when the rags and dippers dominated , our players and managers constantly overlooked for any awards (Pardew winning it instead of Mancini) ( Pulis when Pellers won the double) Sergio couldn't get into team of the year even after winning the golden boot...after 40 years following this club everywhere my match going days are over , I'll always love this club and hold all my happy memories dear

Probably because we go to games as an escape from the daily shite we put up with and use it to escape the homelife for a few hours. Sat at home isn't exactly appealing and then going to the pub and just being able to relax watching the game is no longer possible and that has really put a downer on it for me too. Constantly on edge in there as when people have had a few the 2m rule vanishes. Doesn't help the fact thats it's shite watching it on TV with no atmosphere. Won't take many blues long to switch off after all the usual corrupt tedious shite starts. Silva going and the Foden shite hasn't helped either.

UEFA , FFP , VAR , obvious media bias have killed the game I once loved , compare our last 10 years domestic dominance to when the rags and dippers dominated , our players and managers constantly overlooked for any awards (Pardew winning it instead of Mancini) ( Pulis when Pellers won the double) Sergio couldn't get into team of the year even after winning the golden boot...after 40 years following this club everywhere my match going days are over , I'll always love this club and hold all my happy memories dear
100% Blueknows , feel exactly the same .

I've still not got my breath back since 93.20.

For me, 93:20 was the beginning of my personal decline in interest - I cannot see how that moment can ever be beaten and once you've seen perfection, then what can better it??

Of course I drool watching some of the football we play under Pep as it is outstanding.

I love City, I loved us when we were shite and I love us now........but I cannot get as enthusiastic as I used too.

So, in line with the OP, I'm struggling to get excited about this season - I had the dippers vs Leeds on in the background and yes it seemed a decent game, but without atmosphere it's nowhere near as good as it would have been.

I get a great deal of pleasure watching non-league football, but I cannot see that surviving without crowds, as for non-league clubs, fans are still the main source of income as opposed to TV's millions.

So, while football "isn't the be all and end all" (to some!!) it is a massive part of my (and many others) life.
Yet football is slowly dying a death while Covid prevails**

**as is society in general

#No fans No football
I have mustered zero interest, all soulless and pointless, and surprised myself how little I'm missing it, even struggle to watch us on TV in an empty ground never mind any other game! Maybe it'll pick up if we need a point to win it last game !

the football being on is better than the alternative of it not being.

if they had just shelved it until We can all go back it would end up being a minimum of a whole year with no football, an entire missed season and a stretched out finish to the previous season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.