Lack of enthusiasm thread

I agree with a lot of others on here. I’m struggling to have any interest in football at the minute.

Without fans the games don’t really mean anything. It’s just glorified training matches, with a bunch of overpaid players that I don’t care about.

Saying that I found it more fun meeting my mates in the pub before a game then actually going to live games.

Your enthusiasm should never wane. Hope springs eternal and all that. Back when 40 points was the best you could hope for I used still have title hopes until it was mathematically impossible. Now we sit at the top table ,knowing we are going to be challenging for all competitions expectations are somewhat different. Let's get it on!

For me, 93:20 was the beginning of my personal decline in interest - I cannot see how that moment can ever be beaten and once you've seen perfection, then what can better it??

Of course I drool watching some of the football we play under Pep as it is outstanding.

I love City, I loved us when we were shite and I love us now........but I cannot get as enthusiastic as I used too.

So, in line with the OP, I'm struggling to get excited about this season - I had the dippers vs Leeds on in the background and yes it seemed a decent game, but without atmosphere it's nowhere near as good as it would have been.

I get a great deal of pleasure watching non-league football, but I cannot see that surviving without crowds, as for non-league clubs, fans are still the main source of income as opposed to TV's millions.

So, while football "isn't the be all and end all" (to some!!) it is a massive part of my (and many others) life.
Yet football is slowly dying a death while Covid prevails**

**as is society in general
this is it for me aswell i think.
The season ticket suspension for me as a great thing as i was going to give them up after 35 years so now its taken out of my hands at least till next season.
I miss the routine of going to the game i suppose but i just can not be arsed with the var bullshit....it fucks me off at every single game.
I didnt even know the premier league had started again untilli saw someone put on facebook liverpool were cheating again....ive not watched SSN or listend to talk shite for months now and not read a paper for at least 6 years

I can see why the enthusiasm for many has gone I totally get that. I was losing interest a few months ago , but city is a drug, And I’m addictive to it , I want my fix back but unfortunately can’t get it but I’m still up for the new season my nerves will be shredded before the wolves game and finger nails will be bitten back down to there shortest . Lads keep the faith and hopefully we’ll all be crossing Ashton old road In the none to distant future with them misty blue eyes.

It is a strange time. City has been the central plank of my social life for 40 years, home and away every week. My best two mates with me every time. We are planning a few weekends away now to the lakes etc. to watch matches on telly and have a good drink. If it is better than the current tourist plagued, VAR ruined live experience, who knows I might not go back. I think I will, but....

I'm starting to think I'd rather go out on my mountain bike than go to the game.
Not watched a minute of any football so far this season not even looked at the scores.
Seriously don't think I will renew my ticket feels strange but I have completely lost interest in football.
Modern stadiums are shite.
Its too expensive.
Var has ruined football.
Match going fans don't count.
Its not a level playing field its completely bent.
Oh and that's all before this pointless wank of playing behind closed doors

I'm starting to think I'd rather go out on my mountain bike than go to the game.
Not watched a minute of any football so far this season not even looked at the scores.
Seriously don't think I will renew my ticket feels strange but I have completely lost interest in football.
Its too expensive.
Var has ruined football.
Yet Sky and the Biased broadcasting crew make out it's still as good as ever and nothing's changed. Lol.

I can’t be bothered to read the whole thread, so just skipped straight here.
Now I’m here, I can’t be bothered at all!

Its too expensive.
Var has ruined football.
This break from football has really driven home all the things I hate about the sport and the game, and the money I spend on it.

At first I was surprised at the huge amount of cash leftover at the end of each month when football had stopped.

I’d sometimes not eat any breakfasts for a month, turn down nights out with the lads or dates with girls just so I had enough for upcoming games where ticket money would be coming out of the bank.

I can’t believe I did things like that, sad ****!

I’ve been able to buy things I’ve needed for years in the last six months. ThingsI’d never normally be able to afford because of the footy.

I’ve not been able to afford a holiday since 2010! Back then my season card was half the price it is now and Europa Lg games and poor Cup runs weren’t expensive at all. Now it all costs a fucking bomb!

It’s really made me think about how I go about the future towards footy when things go back to normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.