Lack of enthusiasm thread

I don't know if I am alone in this but I am not getting excited about watching us the tv anymore. I just watch it for something to do. Maybe its because I am just missing going to the Etithad Stadium.

For someone who attends City every week, on a personal level I have struggled since March more than I could possibly tell you. I am sure there are many, many of us in the same boat and even though I class other teams fans as ' The Enemy' I'm certain there are thousands and thousands of us match going fans throughout the world who really have been knocked for six. It is an addiction and it's understandably been cold turkey. We all want to go back and we will one day and for that my hope is for everybody to still keep safe and keep refreshing your favourite memories of The Best Team In The Land And All The World ( Many good, many bad ), but none I would swap now and I hope never to be forgotten.

Yep, i agree with you ..... this won't just be a deflated, alienated feeling, that will have just affected City supporters alone .... fans of other clubs will no doubt be experiencing it too, and will probably be asking the very same questions of themselves that we are.

As football fans we are all in the same boat .....
Except the dippers of course....you know the bestest this means more fans ever......

Refs have been destroying the game for years and last year pushed it too far for me. I cancelled Sky because of technical issues, cost, time available but also to try to stop contributing to the farce. I'm playing it by ear for this season. Might use nowtv for the big games and use free highlights in the evenings and try to avoid scores in the meantime.

I love City but we might need to take some time apart for a little while. Tear.

In an environment where so many of us have lost family members/friends; health problems have dominated our lives; our primary source of income has stopped; and multiple other issues, it is extremely difficult to work up any enthusiasm for a TV product version of the PL at the moment. Finishing off last season made sense but none of those games appealed in the way they would normally do.

But I do desperately want to return to the Etihad to watch games. I want to experience live football again. I want to feel the noise and the experience of supporting my team. The TV product means little to me at the moment (obviously that may change) as that makes us observers not participants. When we're at games I feel (rightly or wrongly) that we are part of the game; that we can influence the game/season. On TV we don't get the same enjoyment. It's great seeing wonderful goals or brilliant defensive play but it's nowhere near the same as being at the ground.

The problems we have all faced during 2020 are substantial and football's return on TV is welcomed by some but I can't get that excited by the TV product. We need to get back into the stadium - that'll be the moment when, for some of us, our lives can start to feel they are getting back on track.

If we start another season with Fernandinho in a back four and gundo and Rodri starting together then this thread is quickly gonna fill up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.