Lack of enthusiasm thread

Same. VAR has fundamentally altered the game and all for the worse
I struggle to sit through 90 mins of games not involving City. VAR is the sole reason for that, the enjoyment of a goal being scored is finished forever. How anyone who loves football could implement it in this way is unbelievable. Collina and Co should be ashamed of themselves.

I struggle to sit through 90 mins of games not involving City. VAR is the sole reason for that, the enjoyment of a goal being scored is finished forever. How anyone who loves football could implement it in this way is unbelievable. Collina and Co should be ashamed of themselves.

Same for me, but this also spoils me watching city on tv now.

I was looking forward to the season start but after the weekends game I’m left a bit disappointed. Not even sure why.

Hopefully city next week will bring the buzz back

Same. VAR has fundamentally altered the game and all for the worse
VAR has ruined the sport.

The special thing about football was the moment of pure elation when the ball hits the net. Now, that’s gone forever!

No matter what the situation is when a goal is scored, you never know what we’ve missed in the commotion of a goal that VAR could rule it out for, and for that every goal is ruined and therefore the sport is ruined.

What made up for this shit was the day out with the lads and the experience of being at games live and enjoying the atmosphere. Now when it’s just on tele, all we have is the threat of VAR hanging over goals and it’s not enjoyable at all.

Certainly not what it used to be, all very meh. My feelings are independent of COVID and the current situation, VAR ruined it for me, the pauses, the delays, it’s not football anymore
And, of course, the diving and rolling around on the floor that has crept into the game. Which, incidentally, VAR could help eradicate but doesn't.

Think this will be Peps last season with us. He is unable or unwilling to get it through his head that pace is a huge part of the modern game. His failure to address our centre back,left back and striker weakness will again be our Achilles heel. Another season of Rodri and Gundog will do my fkn head in. Var is the least of our problems.​

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.