Lack of pace on the wings

Cityinmyheart

Well Mahrez and Grealish are no Robben and Ribery pace wise. Foden is quick but not Sane quick. We saw how much Vunicious troubled us with his pace in CL last year. With Sterling gone dont know how we will switch to quick transition from defense to attack that we did in the centurion season.

The ball is faster than any player I think is the philosophy. But yeah, it's nice to have some rapid players to put the shits up defenders. How fast is Alvarez?

The intensity and speed of our attack grew double when both Foden and Alvarez came on in the big matches at least when the intensity needs to be high Grealish and Mahrez just can't play together way too predictable

The intensity and speed of our attack grew double when both Foden and Alvarez came on in the big matches at least when the intensity needs to be high Grealish and Mahrez just can't play together way too predictable
Grealish and Mahrez will be ok for teams that park the bus, but games which are open we need players that can go on the outside.

Well Mahrez and Grealish are no Robben and Ribery pace wise. Foden is quick but not Sane quick. We saw how much Vunicious troubled us with his pace in CL last year. With Sterling gone dont know how we will switch to quick transition from defense to attack that we did in the centurion season.
Foden is absolutely lightning, but keep it down because the rest of the league don’t seem to have realised yet.

Haaland is unstoppable on the break, and DeBruyne is the best midfielder I’ve ever seen on the break.

The threat we’ve lost on the break from wide we more than make up with the threat on the break down the middle.

Pace was irrelevant yesterday, we created enough chances. And will create enough chances over the course of the season. Weirdly, it was finishing the chances, not their creation, that was the problem. That's the probabilistic nature of football. Even the Haalands of this world are not guaranteed to score from good or even great chances. The probabilistic nature of football means also that Haaland, if he stays fit, will score many goals this season. Btw, his pace replaces Sterling's pace. We won't be a slower team with him and Foden.

Last edited:
Pace was irrelevant yesterday, we created enough chances. And will create enough chances over the course of the season. Weirdly, it was finishing the chances, not their creation, that was the problem. That's the probabilistic nature of football. Even the Haalands of this world are not guaranteed to score from good or even great chances. The probabilistic nature of football means also that Haaland, if he stays fit, will score many goals this season. Btw, his pace replaces Sterling's pace. We won't be a slower team with him and Foden.
Give me a wide player with pace any day, so difficult to defend and devastating on the counter.

Give me a wide player with pace any day, so difficult to defend and devastating on the counter.

You may be right, I leave it to Pep to decide about the kinds of players he wants. Sane and Sterling would be here if their pace was *that* important to the team. It wasn't, they moved.

You may be right, I leave it to Pep to decide about the kinds of players he wants. Sane and Sterling would be here if their pace was *that* important to the team. It wasn't, they moved.
It's my opinion, as a defender what he would least like to face, pace or trickery, a vast majority will say pace.

The problem at the moment is if we have Grealish and Mahrez out wide we become very predictable, Mahrez is a goal threat, but to become a regular in this team Grealish has to create and score more than he has ever done throughout his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.