Lacking Leadership

But I think we underestimate what a big leader he was , this is our first season without him and we seem like a ship with a rudder.
Well we miss him of course but that's not to say we lack leadership. Each player is a big player with a big heart. I don't like fans questioning the team.

Our level is dropping because we are off the pace and we miss the technical ability of the best defender at the club.

Well we miss him of course but that's not to say we lack leadership. Each player is a big player with a big heart. I don't like fans questioning the team.

Our level is dropping because we are off the pace and we miss the technical ability of the best defender at the club.

I am not knocking the players they are great players , all I am saying even great players need that great leader around them a go to figure, a figure of respect among the players and father figure for the younger players. That was Vinny. He will have left a huge hole in the dressing room.
We have a lot of young players and just perhaps they are looking for guidance from a big leader within the group and arent sure if its Silva or KDB, or who ever

Not having a pop after tonight's defeat not into all this 'he's shit' 'pep out' ect ect

Just overall from the start of the season onwards obviously Laporte is a massive loss he's a huge figure in our team, But the loss of Vincent Kompany is enormous. I find it weird that his leadership on and off the pitch at our club for years hasn't rubbed off any of the current players today, Although maybe in the dressing room their is big talkers I don't know but on the pitch we lack it throughout the side. A number of times this season we've looked like we need a leader to get a togetherness when we are against the ropes. I know tonight with ten men its difficult but we looked incredibly fragile not only the back four but the team in general as a unit.

Is it more down to a lack of leadership that is our downfall so far or has the last two seasons caught up on us and we are fatigued?

I once stood next to Vincent at the main entrance to the CB Stand. Jeez, he was a fuckin' giant, but he was an even bigger presence in the changing room, on the training ground and just around the club generally. Players like this, not just the gobby ones who have no charisma nor intellect, but just an oversized mouth, come along once or twice in a cycle. Andy Morrison was one, but do we have to go back to 68 and 56 for another! You can't expect anyone in the squad to take deliver what Vinny gave the club. I think Step Houghton does a similar job over the road!

I have always been a fan of Merlin but making him captain was a decision I still cannot get my head around. We need a lion.
When the squad send the message that they see the armband as a token gesture for a departing player, it doesn’t really encourage strong leadership within them. KDB was the only real candidate for it.

Not having a pop after tonight's defeat not into all this 'he's shit' 'pep out' ect ect

Just overall from the start of the season onwards obviously Laporte is a massive loss he's a huge figure in our team, But the loss of Vincent Kompany is enormous. I find it weird that his leadership on and off the pitch at our club for years hasn't rubbed off any of the current players today, Although maybe in the dressing room their is big talkers I don't know but on the pitch we lack it throughout the side. A number of times this season we've looked like we need a leader to get a togetherness when we are against the ropes. I know tonight with ten men its difficult but we looked incredibly fragile not only the back four but the team in general as a unit.

Is it more down to a lack of leadership that is our downfall so far or has the last two seasons caught up on us and we are fatigued?

Leadership doesn’t rub off on people in my opinion. You either have it or you don’t.

That doesn’t mean it can’t be nurtured. Look at KDB. He’s a leader on the pitch, but he needs to channel his petulance and frustration into something positive. I think with the right nurturing he could be a great captain for us.

Laporte is another leader. Apart from him we don’t have many.

Liverpool are not technically better than us. They are, however, a level above mentally and psychologically.

we had plenty of shit games with vinny in the team,imo the defensive injuries and moving fern has caused most of our issues

The problem last night was not lack of leadership, it was the fact we had 10 men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.