LadBaby

If it gets to people who wouldn't normally think of giving to charity then it can only be a good thing,i don't understand how ever the money is raised is a bad thing
There's a philosophical debate that's being going on for years about this. Is a good thing a good thing if the intent is maybe a little bit more pernicious? I do personally align with you though, who gives a shit if it's helping folk out.

I don't have a problem with them per se, I just find them to be cringe to the max.

1 million people do not have to use food banks.
“Since, I think 2010, the number of people relying on food banks has gone up from the tens of thousands to the millions.”

BBC Question Time audience member, 27 April 2017

number of uses of Trussell Trust food banks has gone up by this much, but we don’t actually know how many unique individuals rely on them.

The Trussell Trust is the largest food bank network in the UK, and it handed out around 41,000 food packs in 2009/10 compared to 1.2 million in 2016/17.

But some people will use a food bank more than once. The Trust says that the average person using a food bank will do so twice in a year, so it estimates that around 590,000 different people used its services in 2016/17.

https://fullfact.org/economy/how-many-people-use-food-banks/

A quick look has shown these figures,the users of foodbanks has shot up since then and the trussel trust are only one of the charities that do it

More recent for just the trussell trust

The UK's biggest food bank network, the Trussell Trust, gave 1.6 million packs of food supplies in the past year.

This was more than ever before and a 19% annual increase.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-48037122

They do, by the time they’ve paid for their iPhone contracts, their takeaways, fags and booze

It actually equates to 1.6 m food parcels handed out in a year, approx 4,500 people and that included people who take advantage because the service is there. Stories of professional people using them on £25+k per annum, yeah right, if someone on £25+k 'has' to use a food bank or similar then they need serious but basic financial education

A student I work with buys vinyl and doesn't own anything to play it on.

Young folk are strange!
What a ****. My mates son does the same. Calls them vinyls. He doesn't like me after I called him a ****. Plus I asked his girlfriend if she gets fingered a lot.

Another mate buys them to hang on his wall. He's also a ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.