Lads & knives, why?

nw42

Why do these lads feel the need to carry blades, there's not much wrong with a bit of rough & tumble when on a lads holiday but for it to end in such a way is just so fucking sad, what a waste of life.

I hope they at least manage to catch the one that stuck him, bound to be cctv'd up don't know much about Greek jails but I hope whoever did it gets ruined there.

http://news.sky.com/story/1119257/crete-stabbing-18-britons-held-after-killing

I got in plenty of mither in my younger days but I honestly never ever felt the need to carry, can't stand knives.

Because they are cowards, weak and no good with their fists.

I think there's a lot wrong with rough & tumble on holiday, why would you want a fight on holiday? I understand a lot of lads that age are 'one pint Tysons' but pretty pathetic to go out looking for trouble.

Cowards who cant back themselves up after they dish it out. I've witnessed bellends like this before, starting trouble for fuck all, staring people out, because they know if it kicks off they have a knife. Wankers.

Totally agree there's no need to go on a night out all tooled up in this day and age.

Having said that, knife use is not gender specific, and they have been the killer's weapon of choice since man first started mucking around with metals, in fact probably the first metal object ever made would have been sharp for dealing death.

Similar to the gun debate, if no one carried guns or knives, then there'd be no deaths from them, quite simple in theory, to put into practice not so straightforward.

One thing Ive never understood going out with a knife. Its like you are going out with the intention of having a shit night and getting in bother

I usually carry 4-5 sharp knives for work, stowed in a rucksack. Various shapes and sizes, but they are all tools and never weapons.

I recently did a course on teaching primary school infants the safe handling of billhooks for green woodworking. For those not savvy, a billhook is a curved machete-sized blade used for cleaving fresh wood. In my belief, teaching children to learn about, properly contextualise and respect such tools is essential in reducing their mythology and street glamour.

I sense that the government's next anti-internet move will be against online purchases of bladed tools.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.