Ladyman on City.

shaundickov said:
Thanx4Knives said:
Zabaleta and Kompany have played with more passion in the last two games than a few of our English players have done all season, its all down to the individual not their nationality!

I'm not saying ALL english players play with passion.

But in general, brazilians = flair, italians = staunch defence, germans = workrate and efficiency, dutch = passing and technical ability,

english = battlers, bulldog spirit and passion

if that's the case i want a team full of germans !!!!!!!!!!! sign em up

parkerblue said:
They do have a british backbone but unless we are in a good position, like they are + we're not currently - attracting our country's most gifted players will always be a struggle

Agreed. But we need to focus efforts on trying to sign the likes of Barry, Owen, Upson, Bridge etc rather than Toure, Diarra, Santa Cruz etc.

Was surprised when I read that article, what with evryone on here saying ladyman is a rag and that

I agree with evrything he said

shaundickov said:
moomba said:
Like Goater, Bernarbia, Rosler, Trautmann, Kinkladze etc?

Great you've named 5 exceptions to hundreds of failed foreign signings.

Well done you.

And I can name hundreds of Brits that play with passion, without skill and without any sort of effectiveness.

Surely people should be judged on their strengths and weaknesses, not what passport they carry.

moomba said:
Surely people should be judged on their strengths and weaknesses, not what passport they carry.

Next you'll be insisting we include women in the team so as not to be prejudiced.

shaundickov said:
If we sign Toure, Diarra, Santa Cruz and Heskey in January I'm going to relinquish my support of City until Hughes is kicked out, in the meantime I'll go and support the French or an African nation because it's going to be pretty much the same thing.

We are fast turning into Arsenal and I don't like it.

We need ENGLISH players who play with PASSION. Not a shedload more money-grabbing foreigners who couldn't care less whether City win lose or draw.

i hope we sign them now just so you go!!!!!!

Quite a fair article I'd say....

Players (generally) are financially far more secure than their managers are.

Managers are the ones sacked, and even with compensation, they probably wouldn't earn as much as the marquee players, many of whom are millionaires already and therefore don't need the money.

Having said that, I feel many of our present squad are perhaps not that bothered how well the team performs, because they'll still bank the money whether we win or lose.

Still baffled over Jo - I think he was one of Thaksin's targets, rather than Hughes, and he isn't gelling as well as I hoped.

I think we need 'battlers' right now rather than too many marquee names; they can follow later when we've proven we're upwardly mobile.

shaundickov said:
If we sign Toure, Diarra, Santa Cruz and Heskey in January I'm going to relinquish my support of City until Hughes is kicked out, in the meantime I'll go and support the French or an African nation because it's going to be pretty much the same thing.

We are fast turning into Arsenal and I don't like it.

We need ENGLISH players who play with PASSION. Not a shedload more money-grabbing foreigners who couldn't care less whether City win lose or draw.

I wish!!! You mean you don't want us to be 12 places higher in the table?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.