Lampard: MCFC vs NYCFC

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Nightmare Walking said:
I don't get the condescending tones towards the New York club and their fans. We used to ridicule the rags for looking down their noses at other clubs.
We need to be working together with New York for the benefit of both the clubs. The formation of New York has already worked to our benefit as by using New York was probably the only way we could have gotten Frank. If he had signed for another franchise then there would have been no way they would have extended any loan. There would have been no way imo Frank would have come directly to us from Chelsea.
The formation on NYC has already been used to our benefit. We need to make sure that the relationship has mutual benefits for both clubs. The attitude of 'fuck them' I am only interested in us is not really thinking long term and the mocking, belittling and ridiculing of NYC and their fans is extremely rag like.

not really, it's the nature, like Melbourne, of crying foul when one club hasn't yet played a match and the other has existed for a handful of years, Rags mocking Blues is completely different as both clubs have esteemed footballing histories and have existed over a century. The "you're ruining our club" when one club wouldn't exist without us and the other would continue to live in the shadow of their city rivals wears thin when all we've done is do good things for them. Yes, they may not like everything we've done now but in 2/3 years time they'll try to make out they were always grateful for it.

Let's face it, nobody here would be talking about NYCFC if it wasn't for City/Lampard, this wrong discussion in the media is giving them great publicity and will only boost interest in MLS when he moves there, we're giving you a marketing dream here.

I am a Manchester City fan who was born, bred and still currently living in Newton Heath. I am not a NYC fan so it is not giving me a marketing dream. But some of the attitudes towards the NYC franchise in this thread are disgusting. I will quote a post which is on this page:

You aren't a sister club. That is fucking why.

You are a daughter club, and a relatively unimportant one at that. Get over yourselves.

That is the kind of shit I have had to put up with of rags all my life in Newton Heath. The kind of you are fuck all and you should know your place attitude is extremely rag like.

My own personal opinion is that we have stitched NYC up a little over Frank. But I have faith that the powers that be are working on something which will smooth the troubled waters.
We have already benefited from the relationship and I hope the relationship will be beneficial for both clubs moving forward even if it has had a rocky start.

Nightmare Walking said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Nightmare Walking said:
I don't get the condescending tones towards the New York club and their fans. We used to ridicule the rags for looking down their noses at other clubs.
We need to be working together with New York for the benefit of both the clubs. The formation of New York has already worked to our benefit as by using New York was probably the only way we could have gotten Frank. If he had signed for another franchise then there would have been no way they would have extended any loan. There would have been no way imo Frank would have come directly to us from Chelsea.
The formation on NYC has already been used to our benefit. We need to make sure that the relationship has mutual benefits for both clubs. The attitude of 'fuck them' I am only interested in us is not really thinking long term and the mocking, belittling and ridiculing of NYC and their fans is extremely rag like.

not really, it's the nature, like Melbourne, of crying foul when one club hasn't yet played a match and the other has existed for a handful of years, Rags mocking Blues is completely different as both clubs have esteemed footballing histories and have existed over a century. The "you're ruining our club" when one club wouldn't exist without us and the other would continue to live in the shadow of their city rivals wears thin when all we've done is do good things for them. Yes, they may not like everything we've done now but in 2/3 years time they'll try to make out they were always grateful for it.

Let's face it, nobody here would be talking about NYCFC if it wasn't for City/Lampard, this wrong discussion in the media is giving them great publicity and will only boost interest in MLS when he moves there, we're giving you a marketing dream here.

I am a Manchester City fan who was born, bred and still currently living in Newton Heath. I am not a NYC fan so it is not giving me a marketing dream. But some of the attitudes towards the NYC franchise in this thread are disgusting. I will quote a post which is on this page:

You are a daughter club, and a relatively unimportant one at that. Get over yourselves.

That is the kind of shit I have had to put up with of rags all my life in Newton Heath. The kind of you are fuck all and you should know your place attitude is extremely rag like.

My own personal opinion is that we have stitched NYC up a little over Frank. But I have faith that the powers that be are working on something which will smooth the troubled waters.
We have already benefited from the relationship and I hope the relationship will be beneficial for both clubs moving forward even if it has had a rocky start.

Damocles is Damocles.

Nightmare Walking said:
There was no loan.

If you're going to comment then atleast have hold of some of the facts or you'll look like an arse.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Nightmare Walking said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Damocles is Damocles.
On my phone so can't, but I wish someone would post Damocles's retort to bluemoon's very own Rag Godwin's law to the other thread to tear this fella a new one.

SWP's back said:
Nightmare Walking said:
There was no loan.

If you're going to comment then atleast have hold of some of the facts or you'll look like an arse.

Thank you for that but if Frank had signed for another Franchise then he would have had to be loaned to us. Hence why we used NYC as some kind of decoy while signing him on a short term deal. We may not have broken any rules but we have clearly used NYC to our benefit and been rather economical with the truth. NYC are using Frank in advertising campaigns and getting him to pose with NYC scarves and shirts even though they have not actually signed him. Again we have not broken any rules but I can certainly understand why NYC fans are a little pissed.

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Nightmare Walking said:

Damocles is Damocles.
On my phone so can't, but I wish someone would post Damocles's retort to bluemoon's very own Rag Godwin's law to the other thread to tear this fella a new one.

Why would you want someone else to tear this fella a new one because you disagreed with their opinion on an internet forum?

Nightmare Walking said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Nightmare Walking said:

I believe a few weeks ago everyone on here gets what you are saying. But now with all the increasing vitriol being thrown by our supposed family franchise, particularly in publicly denouncing the decisions of our owners, if not Khaldoon, questioning Khaldoon of all people, for destroying their season before it even starts, I think some blues here have every right to dish back.

If anything, most of us end of last year had that sliver of empathy for NYCFC and we all know full well that they will be disappointed if Lampard's stay here is extended, which is now the case. But I never expected that they would loudly throwing toys out of the pram on first sight of things not going their way, it's all knee-jerk. it feels like Im reading a bad script from WWE.

shaiomarali said:
Nightmare Walking said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I believe a few weeks ago everyone on here gets what you are saying. But now with all the increasing vitriol being thrown by our supposed family franchise, particularly in publicly denouncing the decisions of our owners, if not Khaldoon, questioning Khaldoon of all people, for destroying their season before it even starts, I think some blues here have every right to dish back.

If anything, most of us end of last year had that sliver of empathy for NYCFC and we all know full well that they will be disappointed if Lampard's stay here is extended, which is now the case. But I never expected that they would loudly throwing toys out of the pram on first sight of things not going their way, it's all knee-jerk. it feels like Im reading a bad script from WWE.

I understand what you are saying and I have read a few of the comments on the NYC forum. They do not make for good reading and some of them come across as big babies. But just because they behave in such a manner does not mean we should also resort to such depths.
I honestly think long term the formation of NYC is going to be extremely beneficial to both clubs but this issue with Frank has caused some division. We have clearly used NYC to our benefit. My own personal opinion is that we should be on some charm offensive with them and try getting them on our side. Imo we should not be rubbing their noses in it and telling them to know their place.

de niro said:
Tanzeylee said:
nycfc1994 said:
This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.

What fans? You haven't even got a fucking team to support, so what exactly are you fans of...

everyone has to start somewhere.

I too am only bothered about city but we still have to look at the other point of view.

I do get why they could be a bit pissed off, but these "fans" are going on as if they have supported NYCFC for years...

Well for the fans crying over Frank, NYCFC is about ready to add Mix Diskerud who was a member of the 2014 WC squad, but did not appear. This is a guy who will likely be an all-league caliber player. NYCFC is and will be bigger than Frank Lampard.

Interesting news also emerging on the day Gerrard will join LA Galaxy through 2016.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.