Lampard: MCFC vs NYCFC

I have to think these precious NYCFC "fans" ARE aware that managers MLS clubs routinely soft-pedal the "regular season" anyway to keep their players fresh for the playoff setup (which admits I believe 8 of the 18 existing clubs.)

So if Lamps isn't there from the jump it isn't exactly the end of the world. Or shouldn't be. Obviously this is just a cudgel for all the Arse/rags/dippers in their fanbase to whack us with.

I was thinking of (quasi) supporting this club as a "sister" organisation. Second club to follow. Matches on in the summer. Something to watch on TV in the evenings here in Americaland. But after reading their forum - NAH! Plus the overall calibre of play and officiating in the MLS just does my head in. If there is a Liga MX match on Spanish language TV here at the same time as an MLS match I have always generally tuned in to that anyway.

Without doubt nobody envisaged Frank having the impact he has when the deal was first made. But isn't it fantastic, Lampard gets to be involved at the sharp end of a Premiership season, he gets to play with the likes of Sergio, Silva, Yaya, Vinny and the rest, and he gets well paid for it as well. Personally, I don't begrudge him any of it, he's never let Chelsea, West Ham or England down and never made a twat of himself, unlike others we could all mention.

As for those who think City are guilty of 'sharp practice' well which has more integrity? City extending Lampards short term contract after he was released by his previous club and paying all his salary or, Lukaka going to Everton on loan last season, Chelsea funding a huge chunk of his wages whilst preventing him from playing against Them but allowing him to score freely against all their rivals.

bluethrunthru said:
BigOscar said:
I quite enjoy a "supporters club" for a team that has never played a game yet threatening all sorts over an individual player being delayed. Apparently a lot of these die hard fans are actually only fans of Frank Lampard and couldn't really care less about the team. Apparently a lot of them only bought seasons tickets because Lampard would be there? What excellent fans, they will be missed if they decide not to take up their usual seat...

All part of the Agenda - the international city hating media making up stories to try and undermine us on behalf of Maureen and the Rags

( forgive my paranoid rant but we are down to Tia Maria here as I attempt to rid the house of booze and start my dryathlon)

Not paranoid at all. Again, many of these NYCFC fans are in denial. They are fans of other teams (most probably plastic fans that only choose the most successful teams to be a fan of) and undoubtedly many of them are diametrically anti-City to begin with. They want to root for a team that will win a lot but not leave that bitter after taste of association with City.

That's really at the heart of this ridiculousness. If it was any other club, I doubt you'd see the outrage.

pirate said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Who are these people and which (if any) MLS team were they supporting before NYC came along?

If another PL team came along and funded a team in Boston I'd be nowhere near it!
A lot of the members on their forum. They're all Everton, Arsenal, Scum, Dippers and Spurs fans who seem to already hate us. At any opportunity they love to slag us off, most MCFC fans who go over to their forum get abused 24/7.

It's only for MODS like Falustur that stop them from becoming anti-mcfc FC.

that seems very strange as NYCFC was from the very begining a sister club to MCFC and was set up by our owners

Right. But from the start many people who wanted to support the club wanted there to be no real resemblance to Manchester City. Some are mad just that the colors are the same.

I certainly don't blame them for being upset, but I don't really give their complaints too much consideration since they are choosing to follow a team with close ties to a club they may be predisposed to dislike, and therefore are going to complain about every little thing that reminds them of that association.

The nice thing about MLS is that summer is a lot like January in the PL...you can still turn things around after a few crummy months.

Tbilisi said:
I would be pissed off it was the other way round,dont blame them for being the same.

I don't blame them for being pissed off, I do blame them for hating City.

I'd sign Gerrard for them though to soft their blow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.