Lancashire CCC

And the championship bandwagon rolls on. Brilliant, Warks all out for 97, Lancs win by 147 runs

Warwickshire went from 86-3 to 93-9 and Simon Kerrigan finished with figures of 7-1-7-5 and Keedy 4.2-3-2-3

Given that Warks had Bell, Trott and Yousuf in the side (as well as in form Chopra and internationals in Clarke, Ambrose and Porterfield) it's a fantastic result.

Brilliant bowling performance from Kerrigan and Keedy. Bit of a collapse in the batting but its pretty obvious that it was a very poor wicket for batting. 3 wins and a draw now and the draw we should have won so its looking very good this season lets hope the bad weather stays away/

niall_mcfc said:
Brilliant bowling performance from Kerrigan and Keedy. Bit of a collapse in the batting but its pretty obvious that it was a very poor wicket for batting. 3 wins and a draw now and the draw we should have won so its looking very good this season lets hope the bad weather stays away/

well we're not playing in manchester at the moment so we could get lucky!!

Tremendous win! I was going to post on this thread when I saw the wickets were tumbling but thought best to wait until the last one got knocked over.

Feel miles better after being so annoyed about not getting that last Sussex wicket last week!

As already said, it was obviously a poor wicket but that was a quality Warwickshire line-up and to see them subside so spectacularly is some achievement.

eshiers1 said:
niall_mcfc said:

well we're not playing in manchester at the moment so we could get lucky!!

After this start to the season we should never play at old trafford again!

M18CTID said:
Tremendous win! I was going to post on this thread when I saw the wickets were tumbling but thought best to wait until the last one got knocked over.

Feel miles better after being so annoyed about not getting that last Sussex wicket last week!

As already said, it was obviously a poor wicket but that was a quality Warwickshire line-up and to see them subside so spectacularly is some achievement.

absolutely

chasing 250 ish over nearly 2 days even on a poor pitch i thought was a forgone conclusion with the players they had, not complaining mind!

shame jimmy didnt really get much luck on the bowling tho he did get a decent bat in at number 9!!

The great thing is that players are coming in to the side and taking their opportunity. Brown did it in the first game, Maharoof has done it, Proctor has done it and now Kerrigan today, while Cross has been consistent throughout.

At the same time you’ve got guys like Agthangelou, Clark and Bentley getting good runs in the 2’s and Lilley and Cheetham taking wickets. The competition for places must be as fierce as it’s been in a long time, it’s a very exciting time for Lancs.

Smith, Newby, Hogg, Mahmood and Maharoof all missed this game and they must be looking and wondering 'how do I get back in', it's very healthy.

Simon Kerrigan has to come into the reckoning for the England A side surely. Hes probably the best young spinner in the country. Briggs is good at Hampshire but he seems to be more suited to 1 day games like Parry. Will be interesting if he keeps his place in the team next time around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.