Lancashire CCC

Lancet Fluke said:
Lancs 104 for 1, so 2 ahead. Looks like the pitch inspection bloke was right. Will be an amazing result if Lancs can turn this round and win.

Seems that way:

Indeed, pitch liaison officer Peter Walker wasted little time in declaring the wicket prepared to be an innocent party, stopping by the press tent at lunch and tea to report that, as far as he was concerned, its condition was more than satisfactory. "There's not a mark on it," he said, describing the clatter of wickets as "extraordinary."

"The groundsman has produced a very good pitch, as good as I have seen. You wouldn't think you were watching the two best sides in the Championship."

In view of those comments, I can't help think that we need a lead of 300 or more. This morning was a good start but there's a long way to go yet.

M18CTID said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Lancs 104 for 1, so 2 ahead. Looks like the pitch inspection bloke was right. Will be an amazing result if Lancs can turn this round and win.

Seems that way:

Indeed, pitch liaison officer Peter Walker wasted little time in declaring the wicket prepared to be an innocent party, stopping by the press tent at lunch and tea to report that, as far as he was concerned, its condition was more than satisfactory. "There's not a mark on it," he said, describing the clatter of wickets as "extraordinary."

"The groundsman has produced a very good pitch, as good as I have seen. You wouldn't think you were watching the two best sides in the Championship."

In view of those comments, I can't help think that we need a lead of 300 or more. This morning was a good start but there's a long way to go yet.

I agree. if we dont score 400 in this innings we will lose. Its perfect conditions for batting and the pitch as expected is getting better and has lost the greeness.

Long way to go but if we can set them 300+ then we have a chance, will be even better if the perfect bowling conditions of day 1 come back later on tomorrow and day 4 to send us top.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 pm --<br /><br />We've just lost Brown. Its not looking good now, we have a strong batting line up and we bat down to 9 but we needed one of our top order to go on and make a 100 but that hasnt happened. Horton(64) and Brown(37) both made starts and havent gone on which seems to be something we are struggling with this season. Horton has 3 90s to his name and so far it hasnt effected us because we are still winning but if we carry on losing batsmen after they get starts its going to cost us.

Ticket For Schalke said:
niall_mcfc said:
Chilton gone for 23. 160-4. Meaning we are 58/4. Think its game over now.

Jesus your an optomist aint you?

Well seeing as our top4 have all gone and we only lead by 60 i'd say the chances of us winning are very small. We have Croft, Procter and Cross left who are out and out batsmen and then we have Hogg and Mahmmod who are a bit hit and miss. We need those 5 to put on over 250 to give us a chance so i think you can understand why im not very optomistic about this game.

niall_mcfc said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
niall_mcfc said:
Chilton gone for 23. 160-4. Meaning we are 58/4. Think its game over now.

Well seeing as our top4 have all gone and we only lead by 60 i'd say the chances of us winning are very small. We have Croft, Procter and Cross left who are out and out batsmen and then we have Hogg and Mahmmod who are a bit hit and miss. We need those 5 to put on over 250 to give us a chance so i think you can understand why im not very optomistic about this game.

anywhere over 200 and we have a great chance, all said are capable off a ton, and crofty seems to be taking the attack to them at the mo, so we will see.

Ticket For Schalke said:
niall_mcfc said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

anywhere over 200 and we have a great chance, all said are capable off a ton, and crofty seems to be taking the attack to them at the mo, so we will see.

I honestly think we will need to set them 300 to have a chance. The pitch is a good one for batting and they have a top class batting line up.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:58 pm --<br /><br />Croft now gone. Theres one batsman down who could have potentially scored a ton. So its all down to Procter and Cross.

Seriously up against it now - while I appreciate what TFS was saying, I'm not sure "taking the attack to them" was the brightest idea when we were already 4 wickets down and only 70-odd ahead. Might have been better to protect our wickets until we'd gained a lead of 150-plus before thinking about cutting loose. Of course, we could've still ended up losing wickets by playing defensively I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.