Lancashire CCC

I suppose the end justifies the means but I don't like it. Middlesex could have easily set that target in those overs by batting positively after lunch. Instead they batted like shit for an hour and they had to rely on a deal to set a target with enough overs to bowl them out. I hope they get relegated next season.

Great day all round for cricket. Agreeing declaration totals has been around for ever, no point moaning now.

Great day all round for cricket. Agreeing declaration totals has been around for ever, no point moaning now.
I know they have, and I don't have any problem with it in general. But Middlesex could have set that target by batting positively in the afternoon session. They had 7 wickets left with a great batsman set on a hundred, they could have got 140 in 33 overs and gave Yorkshire the same situation as they did with the deal. I thought their attitude was a disgrace to be honest. I presume they set out to wait for the deal from the start of the day.

I know they have, and I don't have any problem with it in general. But Middlesex could have set that target by batting positively in the afternoon session. They had 7 wickets left with a great batsman set on a hundred, they could have got 140 in 33 overs and gave Yorkshire the same situation as they did with the deal. I thought their attitude was a disgrace to be honest. I presume they set out to wait for the deal from the start of the day.

Had they enforced a target, say 260-300 then Yorks may have known they had little chance and not gone for it. Agreeing a target is more of a social contract, and Yorks go for it.

A great day for cricket for me, I thought the Lords game would end in a draw and Somerset would win with a 30 overs to go, but after the T20 2005 final and their gloating fans I am not entirely upset :)

Oh Lanky lanky....

Pleased Lancs stayed up but not sure we deserved to. Worst team in the league from July onwards. Pleased by Giles comments last night just hope we don't chance it next year - hoping for a young team to develop - despite nurturing good young players we need an experienced opener and a quality mid order batsman urgently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.