Lancashire CCC

JoeMercer'sWay said:
niall_mcfc said:
Regarding KP would Middlesex have to pay anything to him? He will have a central contract at England so surely Middlesex could have kept Shah and brought in Pietersen aswell because KP is only going to be available for the odd t20 game.

I'm not sure about the finer details of a central contract but they might have to pay him whilst he's not with England. I think he'll end up at Middlesex 2bh, we might end up with Shah, I think we need a few batsmen, in fact we need plenty of players if we want to go up any time soon, watching us against Worcs with our toothless seam attack again, it will taken a few more years unfortunately.

Just like us then. Our batting line up is ok for 4 day games but when it comes to the cb40 and the t20 then we have no chance because we dont have any big hitters. Our bowling in the one day format has been shocking aswell, Saj is a wicket taker but tends to go for around 6+ an over in every game and we are relying too much on spin, sometimes playing 3 spinners a game. Id like Shah to come to Lancs and give us that middle order big hitter, plus i cant see him playing for England again meaning that he will be here full time

Shands said:
m27 said:
Slightly off-topic but I've got doubts about Davies as a keeper. Wonderful talent as a batsman but I think he's got really hard hands when behind the sticks.

It hasn't really come out I don't think, but Steve Rhodes had a long battle with him to try and change his technique slightly when at Worcs but Davies is a stubborn little bleeder by all accounts.

It was Chris Read's stubborness and failure to take on board coaching which hampered his progress at International level so it will be interesting to see what happens with Davies.

By the way, if it's true that Cross is being given the gloves now, why wasn't he shown some faith 4 years ago? He's still got a lot to learn but he'd have a lot less to learn now after four years behind the sticks. Sutton's done well for the County but I never agreed with his signing and still don't.

That's interesting with regard to Davies. I've not seen much of his keeping and even if I had I wouldn't know what to look for the way you do. He certainly has talent with the bat though.

Cross has hardly been given a ringing endorsment looking at the quotes so far. I get the impression he's almost on trial to the end of the season to see how he does. He's performed well today though in what appears to be tricky conditions so here's hoping it continues. You're right Suttons record actually stacks up well but he should never have been brought in without Cross first being given an opportunity. If Cross does get the nod for next year it'll be interesting to see who keeps in the 2's.

A younger 2xi team had a good win yesterday to reach the trophy final so maybe there is some talent there.

JMW - I still think KP might end up going to Middlesex next year, could they have been looking to get Shah off the wage bill to create a space in the middle order?

I reckon they might share it between two or three young lads, Joe Davies being one of them.

niall_mcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'm not sure about the finer details of a central contract but they might have to pay him whilst he's not with England. I think he'll end up at Middlesex 2bh, we might end up with Shah, I think we need a few batsmen, in fact we need plenty of players if we want to go up any time soon, watching us against Worcs with our toothless seam attack again, it will taken a few more years unfortunately.

Just like us then. Our batting line up is ok for 4 day games but when it comes to the cb40 and the t20 then we have no chance because we dont have any big hitters. Our bowling in the one day format has been shocking aswell, Saj is a wicket taker but tends to go for around 6+ an over in every game and we are relying too much on spin, sometimes playing 3 spinners a game. Id like Shah to come to Lancs and give us that middle order big hitter, plus i cant see him playing for England again meaning that he will be here full time

We're the opposite, we only have Ramps who can score centuries in the Championship(with the odd help from Davies & Wilson), but in One-Day Davies and RHB and the like can get some quick runs, but the opposition are more than capable of getting as many as us cos our bowling is so average, look at Worcs today over 200 runs in 20 overs against us.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
niall_mcfc said:

We're the opposite, we only have Ramps who can score centuries in the Championship(with the odd help from Davies & Wilson), but in One-Day Davies and RHB and the like can get some quick runs, but the opposition are more than capable of getting as many as us cos our bowling is so average, look at Worcs today over 200 runs in 20 overs against us.

It shows how much your struggling when you have to bring Cheetham in on loan from us when he couldnt get a game here. I dont think we will be seeing him in a lancs shirt after the performances hes put in at Surrey so far.

Also the tail enders saving us again against Hampshire, Saj getting 47, Hogg top scoring with 81 and Chapple and Keedy putting on 31 together. Shows how poor our lineup can be at times when them 4 put together scored around half of our total.

niall_mcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

It shows how much your struggling when you have to bring Cheetham in on loan from us when he couldnt get a game here. I dont think we will be seeing him in a lancs shirt after the performances hes put in at Surrey so far.

Also the tail enders saving us again against Hampshire, Saj getting 47, Hogg top scoring with 81 and Chapple and Keedy putting on 31 together. Shows how poor our lineup can be at times when them 4 put together scored around half of our total.

it's getting embarrassing.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
niall_mcfc said:

i while back i checked the lancs recent history to see how many times we'd scored 400 in the first innings of a 4 day game, before the middle of this season we'd done it twice in 18 months, how poor is that?!

i remember when we had loye, chilly, law and hooper smashing centuries and breaking records all over the place a few seasons back, and we still had others down the order to smash some runs if needed

whats gone wrong?!

eshiers1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

i while back i checked the lancs recent history to see how many times we'd scored 400 in the first innings of a 4 day game, before the middle of this season we'd done it twice in 18 months, how poor is that?!

i remember when we had loye, chilly, law and hooper smashing centuries and breaking records all over the place a few seasons back, and we still had others down the order to smash some runs if needed

whats gone wrong?!

We dont have 3 of the 4 you mentioned, we havent replaced them and Chilton is past it now

I think it's a bit unfair to complain about Lancs batting in this match. To get 398 on a pitch that has been tricky is very good going, after all Hants only managed 160. Pretty much everyone chipped in so lets give credit where it's due eh.

Also we got to the T20 Q/F so the one day batting isn't too shabby, just a bit incosistent.

re KP, I had forgotten all about central contracts so I was talking rubbish, Shah's release probably doesn't make any difference.

Shands said:
I think it's a bit unfair to complain about Lancs batting in this match. To get 398 on a pitch that has been tricky is very good going, after all Hants only managed 160. Pretty much everyone chipped in so lets give credit where it's due eh.

Also we got to the T20 Q/F so the one day batting isn't too shabby, just a bit incosistent.

re KP, I had forgotten all about central contracts so I was talking rubbish, Shah's release probably doesn't make any difference.

Problem is its not just about this game. Throughout the season our batting has been very poor and oour bowling has saved us at times, how i dont know because our attack imo is average at best.

Like someone said we had reached 400 which is maximum batting points just twice in 18 months. That isnt acceptable for a side who are supposed to be challenging for the CC. That could be the difference between coming 1st and 2nd. I dont have the stats but it would be interesting to see how many times Notts, Somerset and Yorkshire got 400 this season and compare that to Lancs.

Some teams need just the odd player to improve them but we need 4 or 5 to make us genuine challengers. We play on 1 of the best pitches in the coutry that is generally good for batting, the weather does intervene a lot but we cant use that as an excuse all the time.

If we dont win this game then there is something seriously wrong. We have a 200+ run lead on a dodgy wicket so we have to win. If the rain comes and washes out most of the play then i'll understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.