Lancashire CCC

JoeMercer'sWay said:
tight finish for Lancs lol, need 8 with 3 wickets remaining.

we need 2 to win now and i think we have 2 overs left to get them so dont fuck it up lancs haha<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:28 pm --<br /><br />Get in there lancs, we are now safe and lets push to finish as high as possible, think our chance of winning the title has gone but you never know with Notts losing earlier

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Lancs win by 3 wickets lol.

1 off the radar guy I'd like to see get a go for England is James Hildreth, 25 years old, averaging over 65 this season, 6 centuries, worth a punt as a back up to Colly.

Definitely agree with you there, also id be prepared to chuck James Vince into the A side thats going over to Australia. The lad is a real talent and could be the next big thing to come from English cricket. Theres also Jos Butler as Somerset and the young keeper Davies who is in the t20 and odi squads

todays result coupled with notts loss just proves what a bad decision was made in the notts game. If we'd just played out the draw instead of loading the odds in their favour in the run chase we'd be right back in this.

City Raider said:
todays result coupled with notts loss just proves what a bad decision was made in the notts game. If we'd just played out the draw instead of loading the odds in their favour in the run chase we'd be right back in this.
yeah but if we got the last 3 wickets instead of getting beat then we'd be right in contention

mcfc_nick said:
City Raider said:
yeah but if we got the last 3 wickets instead of getting beat then we'd be right in contention

i know mate, all ifs and buts - the chase was so heavily stacked in their favour

I think we got the win off the penultimate ball of the match! Pleased for Tom Smith getting his 6 wickets in the 2nd innings and also Kyle Hogg who put in an excellent all round performance. Maybe I was wrong to say they can't lead an attack!

Another match though where Chapple struggled with injury. I wouldn't be suprised if he called it a day come the winter. If he does he can be proud of an excellent career though can't he.

Dead pleased with the win today for an inexperienced side. That's 3 times in under a week that the match has gone right down to the wire and we've emerged victorious, which has got to be invaluable for our future confidence.

Good contributions from Brown, Croft, Cross and Clark, supplemented by a perfectly judged innings from Proctor. Well done Lancs.

Good two days for us, but too little to late etc.

The Ashes is the main aim, Lanky ending up like City these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.