Lancashire CCC

New season is upon us! Chapple leading that attack again yesterday but it looks like Newby bowled well on his comeback.

Hortin and Moore have failed again but they both had decent winters so hopefully this is just a blip ahead of a productive year for them *crosses fingers*

SuperKevinHorlock said:
What a great servant Chapple has been for Lancashire.
Another season of mediocrity unfortunately awaits, hope I'm wrong.

-- Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:04 pm --

couldnt agree more about chapple but i'm predicting relegation this year :(

we've really not improved in the last few years and we've got such a small squad all it needs is keedy/chapple to get injured and we'll be struggling

so far a good start to the season tho, could do with a nice win to start us off

eshiers1 said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

-- Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:04 pm --

couldnt agree more about chapple but i'm predicting relegation this year :(

we've really not improved in the last few years and we've got such a small squad all it needs is keedy/chapple to get injured and we'll be struggling

so far a good start to the season tho, could do with a nice win to start us off

While I wouldn’t expect us to be winning any trophies I do think it’s very hard to assess how this season will go.

The squad is very light on numbers but it might just have a galvanising effect. All 17 players know that they’ll be utilised this season and so there’s nowhere to hide, you can’t afford to be a passenger. For those in the 2’s they can look and see there’s no longer a raft of players standing in their way so they should be incentivised, get runs or wickets and they’re right in first team contention. The competition levels within the squad should be very high and that can breed performance.

On top of that playing at the out grounds should be to our advantage. Most of our lads should be familiar with the pitches and how they play, especially the likes of Croft, Cross, Brown, Newby, Hogg, Smith and Kerrigan, where as the opposition won’t be. There may also be a bit less pressure being away from Old Trafford, psychologically they are out of the spotlight and can focus on what they do best.

I do think you’re right though, injuries to key men could be decisive and the top 4 need to deliver consistent runs. Good start today though, especially for Karl Brown, long may it continue.

Well what a win that was. We may have got luck that the pitch deteriorated after the rain but we still bowled well. I agree that we are light in numbers but we have a good squad and maybe a few youngsters coming through who we dont know of yet.

Would like to see Maharoof in action soon and see what he can bring to the team.

I think we are fine when it comes to batting but we may struggle to take 20 wickets. Newby hasnt improved since he burst on the scene and neither have Hogg or Mahmood. We have plenty of spinners so hopefully this liverpool pitch will provide a bit of turn for them.

Tremendous start to the season - couldn't have asked for any better (apart from maximum bonus points of course but that's just being pedantic lol).

While I agree with many of the concerns aired earlier in the thread about this season, I continue to believe that compared to football it's nigh on impossible to predict a winner in the County Championship. As far as I know, nobody had Notts down to win it last season but they did - and that was with a Lancs reject (Mullaney) in their side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.