Lancashire CCC

Bluemoonie92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Well Duminy couldn't join us in the end so we went and signed the best batsman in the world in Hashim Amla for the rest of the county season.

Your county must have some serious money! Its pretty hard to believe that you are not challanging for the title.

the rest of our batting is pants apart from Davies and weather as well.

I'd hope we could poach some young English talent like Notts always do, would love a Taylor in our middle order. If we stay up then I hope Somerset go down just because Compton and Buttler are up for grabs and the former at least(Buttler will want to keep) should be on our radar as we need a proper opening batsman.

I wonder which county players are out of contract next season.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Well Duminy couldn't join us in the end so we went and signed the best batsman in the world in Hashim Amla for the rest of the county season.

Your county must have some serious money! Its pretty hard to believe that you are not challanging for the title.

I'd hope we could poach some young English talent like Notts always do, would love a Taylor in our middle order. If we stay up then I hope Somerset go down just because Compton and Buttler are up for grabs and the former at least(Buttler will want to keep) should be on our radar as we need a proper opening batsman.

Yeah, I remember reading on the BBC that Buttler wants to keep and compton is out of contract at the end of the season and wants to stay in div 1.

Would've thought we will be in for Buttler if he does decide to leave. Cross is decent but not really good enough for division 1. We do have Alex Davies who looks like a really nice prospect but hes still very young and Buttler would give us that big hitter we so desperately need.

niall_mcfc said:
Would've thought we will be in for Buttler if he does decide to leave. Cross is decent but not really good enough for division 1. We do have Alex Davies who looks like a really nice prospect but hes still very young and Buttler would give us that big hitter we so desperately need.

Yeah if you come up then realistically looking at his options:

Stay at Somerset-Kieswetter.
Surrey-Davies & Wilson.
Notts-Read.
Durham-Mustard.
Sussex-Have Prior on the books, Brown.
Warks-Ambrose.
Yorks-Have Bairstow on the books, Hodd.
Middlesex-Rossington & Simpson.

Worryingly the likely option apart from you would be Middlesex, and they don't need anymore good players, full strength they have one of the best teams in the country.

niall_mcfc said:

Would be a great signing but I would rather have Compton out of the two. We are gonna need to have a solid batting line up next season because we cant rely on the bowlers all the time. I can see us giving Davies a chance soon, every time I see the 2nds results he seems to do well and Peter Moores seems to be rewarding the youngster finally with the likes of Aggers and Reece being regulars now.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I'm sorry as I'm sure it's hard t take as a Surrey fan to see them struggle but I do find it very amusing that your overseas players have scored something like 80+ test centuries between them this season and you've still not won a game. You want to take a leaf out of Yorkshire's book ;) You've probably got the best squad on paper maybe a batsmen light but there's clearly something very wrong, you need a bit of hunger as well of all those experienced top players.

StMark's said:
Decent start, 19 off the first 3.

Not great now, 40 for 1 off 8, we only need to bat 10 overs to win but its the run rate that is crucial and ours is not good, Somerset look like winning so could all be in vain anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.