Lance Armstrong

pudge

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said Thursday night it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he declared he was finished fighting drug charges

Wow, also say he'll get a lifetime ban but he's retired now anyway.

He's decided to stop fighting the accusations just before former team mates were ready to testify against him, dodgy timing if anything surely.

The article is far too long to copy and paste;

Lance Armstrong won't fight charges

Dont really understand why USADA are pursuing a retired great. Even the court judge questioned if USADA had any ulterior motives. In addition, he has passed almost all of his tests. Surely, ALL of his titles cant be stripped on the basis of alleged positive tests in2009 and 2010

Seems to me that they either get him while he is being tested or they don't. This ex post facto lynching is only supported by the envy of others and a few "suspect" tests. As the top cyclist in the world for a decade, one would imagine that SOMEWHERE they would have not only found him cheating, but publicly hung him with pleasure.

Do I think he doped? Probably. But the burden is on the "police" to catch him, just like they have done with every other cheat, but they didn't. Does that make him better, smarter, more moral? Absolutely not. However, to now suddenly decide they are going to go back and take it all away.....AFTER THE DECADE OF CYCLING PROMOTION HE CREATED is bollocks!

I guess it is time to throw him away and put Sir Wiggo on the pedestal.

Many years ago there was a documentry on him as he recovered from his illness which showed him working out on a bike while skin and bone,

I always assumed that was why he was head and shoulders above the rest as his body re-built muscle wise from nothing while training.

I'd like to think this is a witchunt but would expect him to fight to clear his name if innocent.

You have to wonder who he fucked off to get this attention. He must have passed more blood and piss tests than anyone else on the tour during those 7 years but 10 years later some bitter riders claim he was always on the drugs.

blue b4 the moon said:
Many years ago there was a documentry on him as he recovered from his illness which showed him working out on a bike while skin and bone,

I always assumed that was why he was head and shoulders above the rest as his body re-built muscle wise from nothing while training.

I'd like to think this is a witchunt but would expect him to fight to clear his name if innocent.

He says he is tired since this witch hunt has been goin on for years without conclusion. So he apparently doesnt care anymore. I sympathise with him

blue b4 the moon said:

My recollection is just this too
After losing all his fat when fighting cancer he had anna unbelievable body weight to muscle index
He was basically just all sinew and muscle with very little fat anywhere on his body and became a cycling machine

and I'm sure I heard a while ago that the cyclists who were going to testify against him had dodgy histories and were serving their own self interests

I would tend to think that any innocent person would fight them to the end. I am very dissappointed by him giving in but it does lead me to believe that he musn't be whiter than white.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.