Laporte and Mahrez test positive for COVID-19

The way it’s going I think the football will be down again by November . We are on the verge of a second spike now

I really can't get my head around the Premier League just going ahead with the league season as normal. It was alright keeping the players in a bubble to finish a season over a short period of time. But to do it now for a full season when there are summer tournaments next year and a wc the year after. Complete and utter greed and madness.

They should have split the season. Play 19 games as normal then split the league into 2 and play another 9 games. That would knock off 9 games for each team but the added bonus of having loads of big important games at the end of the season where tv ratings would be high. They could even plan it so every game after the season is split is on tv so they still keep the tv money.

As long as there is. no large increase in the death rates. I can't see that there will be another lockdown. If that should happen then yes there could very well be another total lockdown.

I really can't get my head around the Premier League just going ahead with the league season as normal. It was alright keeping the players in a bubble to finish a season over a short period of time. But to do it now for a full season when there are summer tournaments next year and a wc the year after. Complete and utter greed and madness.

They should have split the season. Play 19 games as normal then split the league into 2 and play another 9 games. That would knock off 9 games for each team but the added bonus of having loads of big important games at the end of the season where tv ratings would be high. They could even plan it so every game after the season is split is on tv so they still keep the tv money.
As a one off not a bad idea. Can see why some clubs would reject. Would certainly be more entertaining In Covid settings (no crowd) as would Be less dead rubbers

The way it’s going I think the football will be down again by November . We are on the verge of a second spike now

i think things would have to get really bad for that to happen. Let’s face it football now isn’t a huge problem. Without the crowd it’s just a few dozen lads having a kick around.

I assume money talks and top flight football clubs will be testing at least weekly and having the results turned round within hours. This should minimise it, although they are all exposed to the rest of the world through family and travel, and once in the dressing room the virus could do the rounds as quickly as a cold in your class at school i suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.