Laporte Appreciation Post

daflanger

I truly hope Laporte can see this post although I am not sure if he checks the forum.

I just wanted us to all send him some positive words of appreciation for all his hard work and commitment towards the team after coming back from his long term injury. It is totally appalling and unacceptable that he or any other player should receive any kind of online abuse from people who call themselves City Fans and be forced to switch his twitter account to private.

Thank you Laporte and we support who in the good times and the bad times. Don't listen to any of those people, they do not represent the true fans of City who support all the players in the good times and the bad times! Keep your head up and continue your hard work.

Laporte has been our best defender before the injury and is getting back to his best now as he regains his confidence after the injury. We are blessed to have him along Dias and Stones. Imagine having 3 of the best defenders in the world! I don't want anything to make him want to leave! He will help us win the league and more this year!

I noticed a lot of nonsense on twitter about him getting abuse and having to go 'private'. Can anyone tell me what going 'private' actually means ?

His twitter still appears normally to me ?

If he was getting abuse it certainly wasn't proper city fans abusing him.

I noticed a lot of nonsense on twitter about him getting abuse and having to go 'private'. Can anyone tell me what going 'private' actually means ?

His twitter still appears normally to me ?

If he was getting abuse it certainly wasn't proper city fans abusing him.
I haven't seen any screenshots but he must have done it for a reason. Bizarre, he wasn't even bad that game. Been our best CB over the past 4 years and a lovely bloke. Even if we'd lost, we'd be what, 7 points clear? Who's abusing him? Pathetic.

Love you Aymeric.

Appreciate the sentiment, but this seems a bit fanboyish and the kind of thing the cult would do.

Eric is a big boy and don’t think some spotty kid on Twitter saying he had a bad game will bother him too much.

That said...I fucking love you Eric, please dooonnntttt lllleeeeaaavvveee uuuussssss x

Unfortunately its part of putting your very public life at the mercy of social media. If you take the abuse personally then the best thing they can do is come off it. Enjoy your privelaged life to the fullest and leave the social media sewer rats to themselves.

Great player.

The problem with Twitter is that it gives genius, normal, malicious and moron equal footing. They say curiosity killed the cat, well Twitter is just a desire to know what people are thinking.

Love the guy and he's a hugely important player for us. Getting back to his best after some terrible injuries and then Covid. It’s just like when Jesus first arrived and many were already writing off Sergio and advocating his sale, mesmerised by the shiny shiny new thing while ignoring a proven track record.
Some people have very short memories indeed.
An unfortunate but inevitable by-product of our success is the influx of teenage plastics from overseas claiming to support our club.
I’m not talking about those who have admirably supported us for years or decades from afar, through good and bad times, but the ‘Football Twitter’ types who appear to be ‘City fans’ in the same way they are fans of a particular TV show or a film franchise. Just another form of light entertainment to be consumed mindlessly until the next big thing comes along.
It is this cohort who seem to have been giving Aymeric a bit of stick online. Fuck them. I know who I’d rather have associated with our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.