Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barker is no replacement for Navas & is a completely different kind of player, & shouldn't be starting anyway with no experience whatsoever, especially seeing he's been sat on his arse half this season not even playing football. Let him get his shit back together in the EDS & maybe give him the occasional late sub job.

If we had started integrating kids from the bench a year ago, we would now have an idea if any of the wide players or fullbacks could do the job, possibly even just for half a game. It could have been someone totally unexpected who grabbed the chance.

But we haven't got a clue whether any could step up or not & who is best suited for which game. Same with all the other positions.

Barker & Celina on the bench for a bar brawl game at Sunderland in a gale, Manu Garcia on the bench for a bar brawl game at Stoke, in a gale= 3 completely wasted sub's bench places imo.

Angelino may be able to do us a job out wide but is of course left sided & I doubt he could do it for 90 mins at this stage. He's a far better footballer than Kolarov though.

I'd be very surprised if he's back in 3 weeks which would be the cup final. Somebody as pacy as Navas can't risk a hamstring if it's not completely 100% otherwise it will just go again. I reckon we can comfortably ad another 2 weeks on to that timescale. We messed up big time not bringing cover in as soon as KDB got injured. If we wasn't already predictable enough the team now picks itself otherwise we're forced into completely changing formation or playing players out of position.

I'd be very surprised if he's back in 3 weeks which would be the cup final. Somebody as pacy as Navas can't risk a hamstring if it's not completely 100% otherwise it will just go again. I reckon we can comfortably ad another 2 weeks on to that timescale. We messed up big time not bringing cover in as soon as KDB got injured. If we wasn't already predictable enough the team now picks itself otherwise we're forced into completely changing formation or playing players out of position.

Who would you have brought in though? It's easier said than done to find suitable relacements at short notice in January.

I would personally like to see more of Sterling in the wide right position. After all that's where he made his name!

Who would you have brought in though? It's easier said than done to find suitable relacements at short notice in January.

They would have had to be domestic wouldn't they? That really does leave limited pickings. Perhaps we should have asked Milner if he fancied his old role as he's certainly not playing centre mid at Liverpool.

I don't disagree it's an extremely difficult thing to do to find somebody of the required quality at that short notice, and i wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of coming up with names but you'd like to think Txiki would of been thinking about it throughout January as a contingency plan given how short we were even before the KDB injury, and with the amount of games being played it was almost inevitable more injuries would pile up before long.

For all we know it may of been happening behind the scenes but we simply couldn't find anyone or get a deal done but going from Pellegrini's press conferences where he said he was very happy with the squad and didn't intend to strengthen, even after KDB got injured it would seem we wasn't looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.