Laporte Operation Injury Update

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Gordyola, 4 Sep 2019.

1. kippaxoldboy

kippaxoldboy

Pointless.... we have had an update and, no doubt, we will continue to get updates from the club on his condition/ recovery.
    In the meantime. there is no point making assumptions regarding his return to first team footy. He is being treated by experts so any comments made from anyone here is just a waste of time.
    Don`t panic, he`ll be back when he is ready. We will cope without him and with luck and care it will be sooner rather than later.

2. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Yes, with most instances of meniscus damage, it will degrade over time, regardless of the quality of “repair” (I use quotes because repairing menisci is nothing like repairing ligaments, and is actually more “cleaning up”) and with most non-elite athletes peak performance is impacted.

I’ve always been given the same advice about leg and, interestingly, core conditioning helping to reduce the rate of degradation.

Problem for me is I only have 75% meniscus in my right knee, so the rate isn’t great to begin with.

Did they give either of you estimates of remaining cartilage, just out of curiosity?

Always good to get comparison experiences.

3. Asa's Heart

Asa's Heart

I am having an operation on the 16th to repair a
    Badly torn meniscus in my left knee. They actually called me this morning. I damaged it last year playing walking football and it was quite sore. Did that silly thing of ignoring it and still walking the dogs every day for between six to eight miles. As well as all the walking I do in general. My Garmin Fenix gps says I did almost 1700 miles walking from the time that I damaged it to when it totally went. Had a brace on it for a while that I bought myself and it was only in July that I was away and couldn’t walk at all and also damaged my bicep and shoulder that I went to the hospital. Torn meniscus and they have also found some kind of defect in my meniscus too. Walking with a stick at the moment and bloody glad that they are operating so soon. It’s really painful now. The consultant said I would have at least three months before I am back to where I was. I would be on crutches but I have also torn my bicep off and damaged the rotator cuff in my shoulder. I have that op to look forward to as well. That was just lifting something out of the car. Not even heavy. Heard two loud pops and that was that!

4. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

If only we hadnt got rid of Mangala the other week......

jayfx, scousemanc and manimanc like this.
  5. Stretch

Stretch

It's funny how the Manchester Utd Evening Echo news are portraying this.. it's horrendous news apparently.. nothing about it not being a ACL and being quite fortunate to what the alternatives were. Total click bait. What a ****** joke of a tabloid.

6. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Yeah I have had it

7. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Also, having been looking at the Independant for the last few weeks and their blanket coverage of Liverpool we made the headlines.. Obvs Laporte injury is a major concern for Liverpool fans though

8. BLUEMATT23

BLUEMATT23

No they drew a diagram for me but I can't remember now as to how much cartilage I have left.
    But I have competed in several half marathons and run without problems and I'm now 44.

9. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Glad to hear it hasn’t impacted your running too much!

10. manimanc

manimanc

Ha ha no way mate, never again. I'll leave it to the proper itks. ;)