Laptop help

Originals

Well this morning, I turned my girlfriends laptop on. It got to the log in part then after that the screen just went black with only the curser on the screen. It then took about 20 minutes to actually load the desktop up.

Everything is running slow takes like 5/10minutes to load anything up I tried system restoring but it timed out it was that slow.

My anti virus and firewall comes up with a notification saying they've been switched off but I hadn't done that.

I am not sure what the problem is but I'm getting it could be a virus?

Could anyone help me here

Its a Sony Viao and its Windows 7 actually running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.

It is up to date. I've tried doing a scan but it just stays on 0% for ages.

Windows defender has been turned off aswel.

If I boot into safe mode would I be able to run the anti virus?

Thanks BOB i'll see if thats the problem but I'm pretty sure that its a virus. the system just runs far too slow.

sounds fucked to me. bin it and buy a new one.

(i usually charge for this sort of info but seen as your a bm 'er I will waiver).

Haha.

Got warranty from Sony so if anything is badly wrong it can go back to be replaced.

Also If i reformat it will windows be stored on the laptop? As I bought it with windows on but had to be installed if you get me? No disc.

1st of all, boot into safemode with networking.
download malwarebytes and run it.
if thats not possible, dowload malwarebytes (on another computer) onto a usb memory stick or write onto a CD, then install it to the broken laptop (in safemode) and run it.
report back in the pc help forum for more help if needed.

1. Do what everyone here has suggested.

2. Back all important files up.

3. If it's still running slow, log in as normal then press Start and type in Recovery. If your Vaio is relatively new, (you said it's under warranty) there should be a programme called Vaio Recovery. This will allow you to take the computer back to factory settings. It will wipe everything on there and reload the preinstalled software, hence why you have to back your files up.

4. If that doesn't work call Vaio. Your laptop is covered by a parts and labour warranty. Most Vaio's come with a certain warranty which is known as Vaio Link. Basically it gets repaired much quicker than taking it back to the retailer.

i also need help!!!!

need your help! I've got friends visiting from tonight. we drank. Parents have heard nothing, slept ne higher floor, etc.
and so a shit that the toilet has clogged! was the first to fully fun, with plunger, etc. but then we thought, is free to think, is overflowed, the broth! have been wiped away a little, but
you can still see the total.

What should I do now? it is in the middle of the night, am totally desperate. We have left a piece of tile when we wanted to repair it. then the toilet seat broken off and the box comes to nothing around !!!!!!

Although only the guest toilet, but I get such a worse. I might fly out. one has a tip as I repairable? must get off and repair the damage ...

help people!

Legend1 said:
i also need help!!!!

need your help! I've got friends visiting from tonight. we drank. Parents have heard nothing, slept ne higher floor, etc.
and so a shit that the toilet has clogged! was the first to fully fun, with plunger, etc. but then we thought, is free to think, is overflowed, the broth! have been wiped away a little, but
you can still see the total.

What should I do now? it is in the middle of the night, am totally desperate. We have left a piece of tile when we wanted to repair it. then the toilet seat broken off and the box comes to nothing around !!!!!!

Although only the guest toilet, but I get such a worse. I might fly out. one has a tip as I repairable? must get off and repair the damage ...

help people!
I was just about to say the same thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.