Laptop Repair - Power Supply

FuZzY

Just noticed there is no power going through to my laptop and now the battery is practically dead. I don't think it's the cable because the green light is still lit up on the transformer that's half way through the cable but there is no orange power light on the laptop itself. I have a feeling it may be the port as the cable appears to be loose when it is fitted.

Anyone know where I can get this fixed without being ripped off?

Thanks in advance

There are firms who do a send and return service on eBay. Can't vouch for them but a shop will normally charge about 100 and the eBay guys charge half that or less. Would advise you to whip your hard drive out before sending it away just in case anything goes wrong or your laptop gets lost.

Also try googling the make and model of your laptop and "dc socket replacement" because on some models the socket isn't soldered to the board (they just plug in to a socket on the board) in which case u might be able to replace it yourself.

Good luck pal.

Carlos_Spicy_Weiner said:
There are firms who do a send and return service on eBay. Can't vouch for them but a shop will normally charge about 100 and the eBay guys charge half that or less. Would advise you to whip your hard drive out before sending it away just in case anything goes wrong or your laptop gets lost.

Also try googling the make and model of your laptop and "dc socket replacement" because on some models the socket isn't soldered to the board (they just plug in to a socket on the board) in which case u might be able to replace it yourself.

Good luck pal.

Cheers for the info.

I have no intentions of paying silly prices as the laptop is old.
It's got my xbmc on it though and it's for that reason mainly I want it back up and running as soon as. lol

charliebigspuds said:
Where are you based fuzzy? A mate of mine fixes them but he's in chadderton, he does pick up and drop off if you're not miles away

I'm in Droylsden, not too far from there.

FuZzY said:
charliebigspuds said:
Where are you based fuzzy? A mate of mine fixes them but he's in chadderton, he does pick up and drop off if you're not miles away

I'll pm his number<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:05 pm --<br /><br />
FuZzY said:
charliebigspuds said:

I'll pm his number

charliebigspuds said:
FuZzY said:
charliebigspuds said:

I'll pm his number

-- Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:05 pm --

FuZzY said:
charliebigspuds said:

I'll pm his number

Thank you

hey fuz! there s a chance it could be overheating, make sure you give it plenty of ventilation by putting a hard surface /poor heat conductor. if your toolbars are loaded up , remove software which may slow it down.... also remove un-used desktop icons.

PS are costly enough 20-40 squid..... so look around you may get one 2 nd hand if it`s (LAPTOP) POPULAR SELLING MODEL.

hope it helps!

advice is always free to bluemooners.... PM if need be.

des hardi said:
hey fuz! there s a chance it could be overheating, make sure you give it plenty of ventilation by putting a hard surface /poor heat conductor. if your toolbars are loaded up , remove software which may slow it down.... also remove un-used desktop icons.

PS are costly enough 20-40 squid..... so look around you may get one 2 nd hand if it`s (LAPTOP) POPULAR SELLING MODEL.

hope it helps!

advice is always free to bluemooners.... PM if need be.

Hello there des :-)
Yes it does overheat a lot and funny enough I ordered a cooling pad off Amazon on Thursdey night. Wasn't that though, it was the pin inside the port that had completely snapped off inside the charger. It's in a repair shop now and is going to cost me around £40

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.