laptop repairs

blueboy84

spilt a drink over my laptop and now it doesnt turn on
anyone know where i can get it repaired i have no warranty left.

I notice you're in Radcliffe, theres a place in Whitefield on Bury Old Road near the ambulance station where my brother got his laptop fixed, because it kept switching itself off. They had it fixed in a couple of days.

*thread hijack*

My laptop's DVD drive has stopped working. It's not just the OS which has stopped recognising it, it's not appearing in the BIOS either. However, there still appears to be power to the actual drive, because it opens/closes, and CDs spin around inside. Is there any kind of fix I can perform myself, without taking it to a professional? I'm reasonably competent doing stuff myself.

Got a HP Pavilion dv6000 by the way.

Halfpenny said:
*thread hijack*

My laptop's DVD drive has stopped working. It's not just the OS which has stopped recognising it, it's not appearing in the BIOS either. However, there still appears to be power to the actual drive, because it opens/closes, and CDs spin around inside. Is there any kind of fix I can perform myself, without taking it to a professional? I'm reasonably competent doing stuff myself.

Got a HP Pavilion dv6000 by the way.

Try the basics of removing and reseating, then see if you can borrow a drive to rule of the motherbroad interface, ifs the drive that has given up the ghost repair isn't economical, replace the drive you would pick one up for about £20

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.