Laptop screen problem

Zubrman

My wife's laptop screen has developed a problem, as you can see by the following snapshots.

Before I take it to some repair shop (to get ripped off), is this fixable?

I've got a single vertical line on my laptop screen, about 2mm wide.

Can this be sorted easily?

If you don't fancy trying to replace it yourself (I find laptops a serious pain in the butt to open up) you can but ask at 2 or 3 local shops and see what sort of premium they put on top of the above estimate (£60-£70). It won't cost to ask.

ColinLee said:
If you don't fancy trying to replace it yourself (I find laptops a serious pain in the butt to open up) you can but ask at 2 or 3 local shops and see what sort of premium they put on top of the above estimate (£60-£70). It won't cost to ask.

I dont mind attempting it myself, just wondering how much of a faff it will be.

I take it that it`s fixed already. As PB said it could be a connection issue at the back of it, find videos online of how to open it (youtube).

or the screen is just damaged, but the lines can be caused to the connection at the back slipping out.

des hardi said:
I take it that it`s fixed already. As PB said it could be a connection issue at the back of it, find videos online of how to open it (youtube).

or the screen is just damaged, but the lines can be caused to the connection at the back slipping out.

T'was the screen and, yes, it's fixed now. Replaced and fully functioning.

Thanks all for your help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.