laptop virus help needed!!

pablozabaleta

Any bluemooners any good with laptops and getting rid of viruses?

Just watching videos on internet earlier on and I think I have now got a virus. Everytime I log on I get a warning screen come up saying that the laptop has been blocked by the police and I need to pay £100 to unblock it. A quick Google has led to me seeing that it is a virus but I have no idea how to get rid of it.

I downloaded malware bytes to a usb stick and loaded laptop into safe mode. I then installed malware bytes and did a full system scan. It showed up 18 viruses and I was told to restart the laptop to get rid of them. This hasn't worked though as im still getting the same message 'laptop blocked by police's

Anyone know what I can do to get rid of it, help will be much appreciated!!

exileindevon said:
have you tried windows defender

I'm useless with laptops mate, how can I try that?<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 pm --<br /><br />
stonerblue said:
4 pages of piss-taking then some good advice..

A 'virus' eh?

It wouldn't be the same without some good piss taking!

exileindevon said:
Niall2407 said:
exileindevon said:
have you tried windows defender

I'm useless with laptops mate, how can I try that?
if you got win7 its already on your pc.type defender into the search bottom left on your desktop

Will it work in safe mode though? Everytime I log in normally it wont let me do anything. Should I try to repair it by doing system restore to an earlier point in time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.