Laptop won't start up.

blumoon

Been like this a couple of days now. This is as far as it gets. 6 year old Toshiba satellite windows 10. Any ideas or is it fooked ? TIA
f558d39841f0889cb7cd9df8301eb2e2.jpg

Do as Trevor says, but first just check your disk space. Stuff can act up when the disk/disk cache is totally full. What does task manager show in the process usage tab? is anything at 99/100 percent for disk or ram usage?

All my icons have disappeared off the home screen. When I move the cursor it won't recognise anything when I try to click on it. Very strange. I can only power it off by holding down the power button for a few secs

All my icons have disappeared off the home screen. When I move the cursor it won't recognise anything when I try to click on it. Very strange. I can only power it off by holding down the power button for a few secs
Have you tried putting it into safe mode or BIOS?

Can't do anything with it. Searched vids and can't get it into safe mode. Friend of a friend is going to have a look at it for me. Afraid of it getting wiped as there's no back up. Cheers folks. There seems to be no interaction between the cursor/mouse and the operating system.

Can't do anything with it. Searched vids and can't get it into safe mode. Friend of a friend is going to have a look at it for me. Afraid of it getting wiped as there's no back up. Cheers folks. There seems to be no interaction between the cursor/mouse and the operating system.
Do you have another computer you can put files on and a USB cable? Have you tried an external mouse? Have you tried putting it into BIOS instead of safe mode?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.