Laptops

Was always a fan of windows PCs and when my fujitsu laptop started to die (after 4 years and i would recommend fujitsu as it was still a very good pc) i got a macbook pro. Was never a massive fan of macbooks and thought everyone who went on about them was just being over the top - but after one day of hell i was convinced! The first day where you have to re-learn how to use a computer (e.g. no right click as standard) then it is a hell of a lot better.

That doesn't mean that windows 7 isn't very good if you don't want to learn how to use another computer - if you can learn get a macbook - if not get a decent windows 7!

Originals said:
Wouldn't OpenOffice work for Linux? Sure you get it with some installs of Linux based OS
Of course there's open-source office suites for Linux but Word and Excel are Microsoft products and Microsoft doesn't do Linux. Files saved with OpenOffice in Microsoft Office formats will also work in Microsoft Office in Windows but there isn't perfect cross-compatibility, as indeed there isn't with Office for Mac with Office for Windows, and certainly not iWork.

Skashion said:
bluegorton said:
I've limited knowledge but some experience and with the mac you don't spend half your life defragging, compressing, checking your anti-virus software...mind you I could be being hacked as we speak.
That's an argument for not using Windows rather using a Mac which is a hardware-based solution for running an alternative operating system.

Told you I had limited knowledge.

bluegorton said:
Skashion said:
That's an argument for not using Windows rather using a Mac which is a hardware-based solution for running an alternative operating system.

Told you I had limited knowledge.
At least you admit it so fair play. Plenty of Mac users I've met like to pretend they are more knowledgeable than they are and peddle false reasons for using a Mac. There are good reasons for using a Mac but they're far fewer than most Mac users actually realise. A lot of the common reasons you hear for using a Mac are really reasons for not using Windows and when people are asking for advice I think that can be quite harmful if they listen and go out and buy something for the wrong reasons, especially something as pricey as a Macbook Pro.

Armitage said:
I've just got this for my mum - Acer 5532 - 4GB - 320GD HDD @ Amazon £350

41EIC0hDv5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Sounds like a good swap. I think I'll take mine down and see what I can get for her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.