Las Vegas

Bang on.

Have spent many a happy month in those places and around 5 hours in the hell hole that is Vegas.

Each to their own I suppose. Would rather hire a pick up truck and explore than sit around marveling at some neon, trying to ignore the constant noise of slots whilst a big nosed woman crones from the stage. Was glad i have been, but very glad to fuck off and get into the parks.

I can look at trees and water anywhere in the world, there’s only one Vegas.

Resort tax, it’s pretty much everywhere now; all accross The States, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, NZ, are all the ones I can say I’ve experienced, but coming more prevalent now. It’ll be Sun Tax ala Spain soon!
Only if you stay in resorts. Try experiencing countries outside resorts. Hire a car. See the world. One hotel/ beach/ bar is much the same as another. Take away the accents and you could be anywhere.

In the last year we have driven around Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Montana.

And Iceland.

And Orkney, Loch Ness, Edinburgh and Shetland.

All beautiful. All in motels/ hotels. No extra "resort taxes".

Next year we are flying to Toronto and then down to Dallas. Driving across to New Orleans before going to the Bahamas for a few nights. No resorts. Just hotels/ motels.

I'd go stir crazy if I had 2 weeks in one spot.

Not a gambler but the Mrs wanted to see Celine Dion. Spent 5 days there, stayed in the Bellagio which was quite elegant. Would recommend the helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon and a visit to Fremont St at night. Everything is over the top but unique. Wouldnt go back but am so glad we went once.

Only if you stay in resorts. Try experiencing countries outside resorts. Hire a car. See the world. One hotel/ beach/ bar is much the same as another. Take away the accents and you could be anywhere.

In the last year we have driven around Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Montana.

And Iceland.

And Orkney, Loch Ness, Edinburgh and Shetland.

All beautiful. All in motels/ hotels. No extra "resort taxes".

Next year we are flying to Toronto and then down to Dallas. Driving across to New Orleans before going to the Bahamas for a few nights. No resorts. Just hotels/ motels.

I'd go stir crazy if I had 2 weeks in one spot.
When the fuck were you in Idaho?

In 'n' Out burger is a decent place, always do it at least once while we're in the states, but always long lines and small crap eating area with nowhere to sit. Like most drive-thru food it loses a lot if you do that. Don't know why we can't get them in Canada.
Back to the point. Tell us more about the high class In 'n' Out fur burgers.

In ‘n’ out is wank. I’ve given it three goes now while being in the states, so underwhelming. Burger is half decent when going animal style, but the chips are shite. Shake shack, now that is what I call a good fucking burger! Had one a few weeks ago while walking down the street and it was bloody lovely. Cheesy bacon fries, phwoarr. Just don’t go to one of their franchises in the UK, doesn’t taste the same.

In ‘n’ out is wank. I’ve given it three goes now while being in the states, so underwhelming. Burger is half decent when going animal style, but the chips are shite. Shake shack, now that is what I call a good fucking burger! Had one a few weeks ago while walking down the street and it was bloody lovely. Cheesy bacon fries, phwoarr. Just don’t go to one of their franchises in the UK, doesn’t taste the same.
said decent, not great. like you I think there are loads of better burgers, though we don't have shake shacks here either and have never tried one, and i'll keep an eye out.
My point is it would be convenient for more choice here.

I think you can do Vegas on a budget, though like anywhere it might detract from your enjoyment somewhat if you're really having to watch the funds day to day.
As long as you're happy with cheap fast food options and know which bars to hit during their happy hours then you can eat and drink relatively inexpensively on the Strip.
Activities obv come with a varying fee, though often just wandering the Strip and in and out of all the hotels is a fun thing to do (esp if its your first time) and that doesn't cost anything.
Vegas is a place of extremes though and you can burn through money without even realising, so I'd always suggest taking as much spends as you can.

I play poker when I'm there and often look to cover my expenses through the game. Doesn't always work out like that though! But the last couple of times the cards have been kind to me. I also play the slots and will often shovel $20/$30 into a machine at any given moment, yet putting even a quid in a slot in the UK just doesn't cross my mind.

I do understand why people don't enjoy the place; all the things that make it tacky and soulless are also part of its charm in a weird way. It's somewhere I think you have to experience once to see if its for you.
I'm very much looking forward to visit No8 in June. A marmite destination but I'm firmly on the 'love' side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.