Laser eye surgery

B B

blueinsa

Anyone had it done?

Is it as good as what they claim after?

About to pay best part of £3K out for it so i suppose i want and need a bit of reassurance.

Wife had it done a few years ago and said it was the best thing she ever did. Brother in law also had it done and he too delighted with the results both have 20/20 vision now

I went to have my long sight corrected but on the day they told me my short sight would be a lot worse instead so i bailed,fast foward 3 yrs and my long sight has corrected itself naturally and i'm told if i had the surgery i would have fucked up vision,having said that my mum has had it done and is delighted

Depends what you are having done. Still likely to need glasses for reading at some point and some people suffer with glare at night. In the short to medium term its excellent for many people.

I am waiting until I can afford total lens replacement. Permanently sorts out both near and short sightedness.

Depends what you are having done. Still likely to need glasses for reading at some point and some people suffer with glare at night. In the short to medium term its excellent for many people.

I am waiting until I can afford total lens replacement. Permanently sorts out both near and short sightedness.

I struggle with reading but at 48 thats expected and its that i want corrected.

Reading that at my age, the procedure should hopefully take me to the grave and that its younger patients who have it done that end up needing the glasses to read just due to the time they have left.

I've had eye surgery twice so will not fuck about with my sight
I have spoken to people who have had it done and they have all said it's been brilliant, however, I believe that your vision will again deteriorate and therefor have to have it done again
And when you see TV shows on this sort of procedure, all the surgeons and experts wear glasses, which as far as I'm concerned says it all

I've had eye surgery twice so will not fuck about with my sight
I have spoken to people who have had it done and they have all said it's been brilliant, however, I believe that your vision will again deteriorate and therefor have to have it done again
And when you see TV shows on this sort of procedure, all the surgeons and experts wear glasses, which as far as I'm concerned says it all
It is true that about the Drs wearing glasses, it's something that needs a lot of research before you do it,it depends on age as i found my long sight has changed itself now,worth asking your optician about it first as well as the clincs make it sound like there is no probs,the other thing they told me was i would suffer with glare and would find driving in the dark a problem,my mum is pleased with her vision but sufers badly with dry eyes and has to use eye drops everyday

I’ve had it done. It’s great. One down side is very dry eyes for a few months afterwards. Need to keep putting drops in to help your eyes lubricate themselves

Anyone had it done?

Is it as good as what they claim after?

About to pay best part of £3K out for it so i suppose i want and need a bit of reassurance.
I had one eye done at 40 years of age.
Not everyone is s candidate for what they call
Monovision but I was.
Had my good eye done which gave me perfect long sight and the shorter sighted one was left and it handled the up close stuff like reading.

I was sceptical but it really works. Took a day or two to get used to. Your brain gets used to the depth/perspective alteration really quickly. It was brilliant.

I was told that in mid fifties that your eyes deteriorate agsin and once again into seventies. This has turned out to be true and I am considering doing it again rather than getting reading glasses.

I would thoroughly recommend it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.