Laser eye surgery

Perhaps consider the lens replacement option, more expensive without doubt but when I was going to have laser they did say that I might need glasses for reading after, thought what's the point of it so left it.
Hated glasses so ended up having lens replacement and best money I have ever spent, five years on and never had any issues and perfect sight.
Whatever you choose I'm sure you'll never regret it.

Anyone had it done?

Is it as good as what they claim after?

About to pay best part of £3K out for it so i suppose i want and need a bit of reassurance.
One of the best things I ever did. I struggled massively with contacts and never bothered with glasses, so most of my life I have had awful vision. I had it done and it was like flipping a switch, instantly I was blown away by it. They do it and within seconds it’s like ‘wow, this is what being able to see is like’. The experience itself wasn’t particularly pleasant, but worth it completely.

I've had eye surgery twice so will not fuck about with my sight
I have spoken to people who have had it done and they have all said it's been brilliant, however, I believe that your vision will again deteriorate and therefor have to have it done again
And when you see TV shows on this sort of procedure, all the surgeons and experts wear glasses, which as far as I'm concerned says it all
My missus was an Ophthalmic Nurse until recently, I asked her about this and she pointed out that none of the eye surgeons at her hospital had had laser, they nearly all wore glasses. something about nobody knows the long term effects.
That was enough for me not to go ahead with it.
However like a lot of things in life its a personal decision.

Last edited:
Perhaps consider the lens replacement option, more expensive without doubt but when I was going to have laser they did say that I might need glasses for reading after, thought what's the point of it so left it.
Hated glasses so ended up having lens replacement and best money I have ever spent, five years on and never had any issues and perfect sight.
Whatever you choose I'm sure you'll never regret it.

Who did you use mate and what was the cost.

Optical express 4 grand but that was 5 years ago, friend just had it done and that was 5 and a quarter, they did one eye at time and a week apart, stuck with drops as instructed and never had an issue.
They now do them one day apart so in 2 days you can go from bad to perfect vision.
Each eye takes about 20 minutes and didn't feel a thing, dentist scrub and polish far more intrusive.
My lenses are multi focal so that's what you want.

Been tempted by this. Don't suit glasses at all and never really fancied contacts but keep getting put off by some of the things people say. Im still in my 20s so worried before long I would need to have them done again.

Had it done with Ultralase about 8 years ago, paid for the top treatment.

Fantastic stuff, best money I ever spent. I was only -0.5, so it was a minor fix, but even though I work on computers daily it's still better than 20x20 on my opticians annual assessment.

They also offered me a lifetime guarantee should it ever fail.

Been tempted by this. Don't suit glasses at all and never really fancied contacts but keep getting put off by some of the things people say. Im still in my 20s so worried before long I would need to have them done again.

I was 24 when I had it done. 8 years on and no issues (I'm sure the treatment is even better nowadays - but at the time they were using the computer guided multi-laser for a more accurate finish). I was worried about that, particular as i was short sighted due to computer use.

My missus was an Ophthalmic Nurse until recently, I asked her about this and she pointed out that none of the eye surgeons at her hospital had had laser, they nearly all wore glasses. something about nobody knows the long term effects.
That was enough for me not to go ahead with it.
However like a lot of things in life its a personal decision.

My mum had it done years ago, early 00’s and it fucked her eyes up 10 years down the line.

Glaucoma and cataracts followed, she needs glasses again and has had numerous operations on her eyes since with a risk of losing her vision. Thankfully the treatment worked, but her doctor said he see’s a lot of botched laser eye surgery jobs that caused problems later down the line and expects more from that period.

I imagine things in that area have improved, but I’d never go down that route now. Don’t mind wearing specs either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.